Author Topic: Abdel Nader (merged threads)  (Read 8847 times)

Re: Abdel Nader (merged threads)
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 749
Jalen Jones and Georges-Hunt are also prospects in the top 10 from the Red Claws. I know it's nothing to be ecstatic about, but good to see we have some decent talent on that team (outside of the Jackson/Mickey call-ups/downs.

It's really too bad that the NBADL doesn't work more like Minor League baseball...said for the billionth time here.

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 446
Jalen Jones and Georges-Hunt are also prospects in the top 10 from the Red Claws. I know it's nothing to be ecstatic about, but good to see we have some decent talent on that team (outside of the Jackson/Mickey call-ups/downs.

It's really too bad that the NBADL doesn't work more like Minor League baseball...said for the billionth time here.
Jones is solid. Exceptional athlete, can hit some 3's, but undersized as a PF and doesn't seem to have  a true position. Though in some ways that could be beneficial, as he can stretch the floor and is a threat to roll to the hoop for dunks. If he could improve his defensive efficiency, his versatility might land him a spot in the big leagues.

BTW I agree about the MLB thing. It is ridiculous.

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1831

It'll be a step closer to that next year, but we'll have to wait for the next CBA at least to get it where it truly needs to be.

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2017, 07:22:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 5044

It'll be a step closer to that next year, but we'll have to wait for the next CBA at least to get it where it truly needs to be.
But will it ever be like MLB? In baseball even the top prospects have to usually go through years of minor league baseball learning their craft. You can probably go to just about any level of minor league baseball, watch a game and probably see one to three future MLB players and even some future superstars.

You will probably never see a future superstar in the NBADL. If you're lucky, you might catch a game where you might see a guy that might become a decent role player. The best talent do not learn their craft at the NBADL level, they learn it by playing minutes in the NBA. The talent level of the best of the best D-League  players and players in the NBA is still gigantic.

While I like what the new CBA did to allow parent NBA clubs the ability to have more young players on their rosters and integrate the NBADL with the NBA, I really don't see the D-League ever becoming a breeding ground for starter level NBA players. I just don't ever see it working like the MLB model.