Author Topic: Idea: Orlando Trade for Nikola Vucevic  (Read 2403 times)

Idea: Orlando Trade for Nikola Vucevic
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Orlando has a glut of big men and a glaring hole in ball handlers.

Proposed Trade:

Nikola Vucevic

for

Amir Johnson/Terry Rozier/James Young/2018 Boston Pick

Re: Idea: Orlando Trade for Nikola Vucevic
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Oh my, that's a lot to give up for Vuceic.   :o

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For an all-star level stretch big? It's probably not enough. Either way, the Magic are not trading Vucevic, they just got Ibaka and Biyuombo to cover up his defensive deficiencies.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 10:30:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
For an all-star level stretch big? It's probably not enough. Either way, the Magic are not trading Vucevic, they just got Ibaka and Biyuombo to cover up his defensive deficiencies.
Oops, I thought he meant the BLN pick.  Is that enough?  For me it's too much.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I also don't see why they would want to move Vucevic when they now have a nice mix of bigs with Ibaka and Biyombo?

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 11:04:47 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Exactly the reason why they might look to trade him. They have holes on their roster and a rotation at the big spot of Ibaka, Biyombo & they drafted Stephen Zimmerman.

Tying up that much of their salary cap (Ibaka + Biyombo + Vucevic) on bigs makes them sacrifice considerably at other positions. For example, they need ball handlers pretty badly.

Vucevic (offense) with Horford (defense) would be a great pairing.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Love the idea of trading for Vuc!

For what it's worth a trade of Amir for Nik works salary wise.  Definitely not enough to get the deal done, but the C's could add a piece or two to the Magic's liking to make it happen.  Orlando just brought in a bunch of new contracts so I wonder if they would have interest in the expiring deal of Amir.  He could also be a good veteran presence for a fairly young team.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I also don't see why they would want to move Vucevic when they now have a nice mix of bigs with Ibaka and Biyombo?

They have a REALLY crowded front court now. Vuvecic/Ibaka/Biz/Green/Gordon (I still don't get the Jeff Green signing). There's not enough minutes. I think someone will get dealt for backcourt help, not sure who though but Vuvecic seems like the odd man out.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 12:45:39 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

They have a REALLY crowded front court now. Vuvecic/Ibaka/Biz/Green/Gordon (I still don't get the Jeff Green signing). There's not enough minutes. I think someone will get dealt for backcourt help, not sure who though but Vuvecic seems like the odd man out.
Vucevic is the all-star in that group, right?  I also don't get the Jeff Green signing, or the Ibaka trade, even the Biyombo signing seems like an overpay.  I guess I don't get what Orlando is doing at all.   :o

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 12:46:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd rather have Johnson and Rozier. I don't care about Young or the 18 Boston pick.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Vucevic is the all-star in that group, right?  I also don't get the Jeff Green signing, or the Ibaka trade, even the Biyombo signing seems like an overpay.  I guess I don't get what Orlando is doing at all.   :o
I see nothing particularly crowded there. Vucevic and Ibaka are the starters, and Biyombo is the first big off the bench. The rest are bit or developmental players. Green isn't even a full-time big.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

If they stopped with Ibaka, I would get it. Vuvecic/Ibaka/Gordon is an intriguing front court - that's an interesting combo of offense and defense - assuming Ibaka regains his 3pt shooting form. But committing $87m to Biz and Jeff just confused me. Why take minutes away from Gordon?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman