Author Topic: alot of squawk on cousins for love  (Read 4901 times)

Re: alot of squawk on cousins for love
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Love isn't enough for Cousins. Love has a few years more on contract but he has destroyed his value. There are people who post here that wouldn't trade AB and fillers for Love how they going to get Cousins?

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2016, 12:40:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Boogie on Reggae Woman, that is all we need.

Boogie down Bronx.

Boogie Boogie Boogie rocking everywhere,
rocking everywhere....
we want you Mr. Boogie,
Shake your Boogie and come to Beantown.

I predict Boogie will be in Celtic green at the start of next season. Brown may have to take those Harvard classes on the internets. Apologies to G-Dubbyah.

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If we ever happened to get a coach killer in Cousins, he has to be let known if it ever came down to Stevens or Cousins, we are showing Cousins the door.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If we ever happened to get a coach killer in Cousins, he has to be let known if it ever came down to Stevens or Cousins, we are showing Cousins the door.

that goes without saying.... that is why Stevens has a long term contract!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 01:20:13 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If the Cavs got Boogie for Love and Shumpert, I would be livid. It would mean one of two things: 1. We offered them both Brooklyn picks, Bradley and/or Amir and/or Sully, plus a handful of extra non-Smart and non-Brown prospects, plus any other tradeable picks we have...and then Sacramento chose the package of Love and Shumpert instead, anyway, in which case I would call major bull**** on the Kings and the league as a whole. 2. We didn't offer that, in which case I'd call major bull**** on Danny.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If cousins is on the market I think we can beat the cave offer on Love.

If the deal does happen, I could see it being a three team deal where we get Love.

I can see the Kings being the sort of team that would prefer to receive an established star with name value instead of draft picks.  Trading for Cousins may require a three-team deal where you flip some picks to another team to get the sort of player that Sacramento wants.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 01:54:09 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Rozier, Johnson, Jerebko, Olynyk, Brooklyn '17, Brooklyn '18, Clippers '19
>
Love, Schumpert, Cleveland '17, Cleveland '19, Cleveland '21

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Oh please God, please let Cousins be on a team with Lebron and get yelled at by him. I won't ever ask you for anything again.

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 02:15:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
On balance I think it is a negative for the NBA.  Smaller market teams simply have no chance, no hope.  7 of the top 20 players in the league are now on just two teams.  That leaves the 28 others team to fight over the remaining 13.

Super-elite players have become corporations unto themselves and have more power than the owners.  They will get what they want even at the expense of parity.  Pete Rozell knew how important parity was to the NFL.  It is no different in any sports.

The NBA is dead, long live the NBA!
The "small market" focus is misguided. San Antonio is small market. OKC was small market. GS build their team on draft picks, not free agency and money. They got Durant because of their dominance and that was not due to market. It was due to their top 3 players improving at a rate that makes them incredible bargains for their salaries and due to the cap growing. If we swapped rosters between GS and OKC, Durant would be on his way to OKC.

On the other hand, the Lakers and the Knicks couldn't even get meetings with Durant.

When SA and OKC are among the smallest NBA markets and they have been top 5 teams for a while, I have to laugh at the market arguments.

Also, is Miami even a top market, though they were able to assemble a super team? I'm guessing they are in the middle. Cleveland is probably a just below average market and they just won the title.
I agree and what you say is true.  However, this is result of some circumstances (1) players rapidly improving (Curry, Draymond, Kawai Leonard, R.Westbrook) to where their contracts look like good value and (2) rapidly rising cap.  I predict that in couple of years things will settle down and the bigger market teams that can more readily afford to go over the cap will once again dominate.  This is because the players are gaining in power and will command ever higher salaries.  I think a lockout could be in sight as well.  My overall point is that in response to the OP's question, I do not think super-teams are good for the NBA.

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 07:37:01 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
If cousins is on the market I think we can beat the cave offer on Love.

If the deal does happen, I could see it being a three team deal where we get Love.

I can see the Kings being the sort of team that would prefer to receive an established star with name value instead of draft picks.  Trading for Cousins may require a three-team deal where you flip some picks to another team to get the sort of player that Sacramento wants.

Yeah, I can also see the Kings valuing an established star name over draft picks. I can also see the Cavaliers wanting nothing to do with Cousins since LeBron may worry about not being able to tame him. Enter Boston and New York, assuming New York has no interest in Anthony for Love (since perhaps New York wants cap space next offseason to pursue Blake Griffin or *gulp* Kevin Durant):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j8oxfvz

Boston - DeMarcus Cousins
Cleveland - Carmelo Anthony
New York - Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Kelly Olynk, Brooklyn '17, Brooklyn '18
Sacramento - Kevin Love