Author Topic: alot of squawk on cousins for love  (Read 4871 times)

alot of squawk on cousins for love
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 and schubert  and cavs get cousins and mclemore

Re: alot of squawk on cousins for love
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Why would the Kings do that?  If they are rebuilding they will want high picks which CLE doesn't have to offer.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If the Cavs got Lebron, Cousins, and Kyrie on the same time, I think that team, with the addition of solid wing defenders would certainly give the GSW a run for their money.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If that happens we may as well give up and go into long term rebuild.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If cousins is on the market I think we can beat the cave offer on Love.

If the deal does happen, I could see it being a three team deal where we get Love.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 10:12:13 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
What are your thoughts about "super" teams?  Do they help the NBA or do they hurt it? 

I mean everybody witnessed the Golden States historic regular season run...but in the end, they went home with nothing for their effort.  People may have enjoyed watching to see if they would break the regular season record, but does that really "help" the NBA if they demolish almost every team they play?  I mean it may make it exciting, like when we gave them their first loss at home...but overall, is what I'm trying to say.

Now, they have Durant...and we see this rumor of Cavs trying to build a similar super team as GSW, as if the current NBA champions didn't already have a great team.  Well, who can argue at "trying"...we dreamt of the possibilities of a Butler/Durant/Horford or something similar all summer.  We were trying too...heck, I'm sure they are still trying.

But I believe the NBA was more fun when most teams had at least one "superstar", and then filled the rosters with good players and support players.  It gave the air of authenticity to the competition.  Now, people, hardcore NBA fans and mildly interested ones, look at the GSW as a glorified All Star team, and their interest to see the product may be diminished because they don't feel there is any real competition.

No answer to the problem...and it will continue because the money is HUGE.  Largest contract in NBA history goes to a guy who scored 13 pts last year...smh.  The situation can only get worse.

So, if the current NBA champions were able to add Cousins to their lineup, it might make for a better competition against the GSW...but I'm not sure it would be good for basketball as a whole.  Only time will tell I guess.

Some early Saturday ramblings...hope they made a little sense :)

Rak

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
So Cavs get the better and younger key player? If this deal happens, Vlade needs to go back to Europe for personal safety reasons from Kings fans.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 10:26:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
On balance I think it is a negative for the NBA.  Smaller market teams simply have no chance, no hope.  7 of the top 20 players in the league are now on just two teams.  That leaves the 28 others team to fight over the remaining 13.

Super-elite players have become corporations unto themselves and have more power than the owners.  They will get what they want even at the expense of parity.  Pete Rozell knew how important parity was to the NFL.  It is no different in any sports.

The NBA is dead, long live the NBA!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Link?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 11:10:15 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
On balance I think it is a negative for the NBA.  Smaller market teams simply have no chance, no hope.  7 of the top 20 players in the league are now on just two teams.  That leaves the 28 others team to fight over the remaining 13.

Super-elite players have become corporations unto themselves and have more power than the owners.  They will get what they want even at the expense of parity.  Pete Rozell knew how important parity was to the NFL.  It is no different in any sports.

The NBA is dead, long live the NBA!
The "small market" focus is misguided. San Antonio is small market. OKC was small market. GS build their team on draft picks, not free agency and money. They got Durant because of their dominance and that was not due to market. It was due to their top 3 players improving at a rate that makes them incredible bargains for their salaries and due to the cap growing. If we swapped rosters between GS and OKC, Durant would be on his way to OKC.

On the other hand, the Lakers and the Knicks couldn't even get meetings with Durant.

When SA and OKC are among the smallest NBA markets and they have been top 5 teams for a while, I have to laugh at the market arguments.

Also, is Miami even a top market, though they were able to assemble a super team? I'm guessing they are in the middle. Cleveland is probably a just below average market and they just won the title.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 11:20:46 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Sounds bogus. Our Net picks have considerably greater value than Kevin Love. Maybe rumor is to motivate Danny to increase his offer for Cousins, if he is in fact available, which I doubt.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If that happens we may as well give up and go into long term rebuild.

We're not beating golden state anyways.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
See link. Suggests we are competing with Cavs and have more to offer.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/139505/20160709/nba-trade-rumors-demarcus-cousins-boston-celtics-cleveland-cavaliers-per.htm

I stand corrected. Now King drafting strategy making sense. Sort of.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 11:31:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd love for there to be a team with the talent to challenge Golden State ... I just don't want it to be the Cavs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Sell the farm.  Assets not players.