Author Topic: Larry Sanders is trying to make a comeback  (Read 6347 times)

Re: Larry Sanders is trying to make a comeback
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 12:55:08 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I've been waiting for something special to use my 1000th post on. (I really wanted it to be a Durant-to-Boston celebratory post, but alas.) This is the one.

The best basketball player from my VCU Rams on my favorite NBA team? Sign me up!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 12:57:31 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've been waiting for something special to use my 1000th post on. (I really wanted it to be a Durant-to-Boston celebratory post, but alas.) This is the one.

The best basketball player from my VCU Rams on my favorite NBA team? Sign me up!

Woot, woot!  TP for number 1000 :).

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 12:58:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

TP for your patience! Go Rams!

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 07:53:37 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
If Zeller's one year qualifying offer is not an option, sure. Why not? But only a one year contract, or a two year contract with a team option on the second year.

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Alex KennedyVerified account
‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Larry Sanders is working out in California. Several teams have shown interest in him and he remains open to the idea of an NBA comeback.

Should the Celtics be interested?  He seems like potentially a solid candidate for a 1+1, prove-that-you're-serious deal.  Ainge did say he wants a "stronger center".  Could be a high-reward signing.

For the love of God we are talking about this f@cktard again! I didn't read his problems, don't know them don't care about them. Our team is about heart and hustle and he doesn't have either. Give it a rest already. ::)

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 08:41:02 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Larry Sanders is working out in California. Several teams have shown interest in him and he remains open to the idea of an NBA comeback.

Should the Celtics be interested?  He seems like potentially a solid candidate for a 1+1, prove-that-you're-serious deal.  Ainge did say he wants a "stronger center".  Could be a high-reward signing.
He's open to an idea!   Wow.  He has been saying that he has been working out and playing recreationally since he quit, hasn't he?  And he's always said that maybe he'd come back some day.

"playing" recreationally??

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 08:46:39 AM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
‏@AlexKennedyNBA

He's open to an idea!   Wow.  He has been saying that he has been working out and playing recreationally since he quit, hasn't he?  And he's always said that maybe he'd come back some day.

"playing" recreationally??

If he thinks that "playing recreationally" is going to help him get back in, he's been doing something else recreationally.

But heck, I'm all for it. Love his show.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
If he really wants back in then he's has to change his attitude. Work him out see how he does, sign him to a 1 year deal. Even if it's over the minimum, Cs have the money and if it doesn't work out we just cut him. Low risk possible high reward.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 04:27:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd just go with Kevin Seraphin

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
As others have said this team have the front office, coaching staff, and on court/in locker room leadership to help Sanders. He is well worth the gamble.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Hell no. This guy is a scrub and does not love basketball, just a paycheck.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 07:51:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Mr. Sanders has talent.   But he has character issues, I believe is the term and one has to question his dedication to the game.  He has been unstable in the past.  He has issues with marijuana.

http://www.thesmokersclub.com/blog/larry-sanders-quit-nba-smoke-weed/

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10732646/larry-sanders-milwaukee-bucks-advocates-marijuana-ban

While I do agree that often it is not more harmful than alcohol.  We know a lot of the league smokes but he would always have a target on his back and we watched.   That makes him very risky.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 07:53:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
He needs to do an intervention with Mitch McGarry, who just got suspended for positive test. (NOt sure for what, but given to what happened in college, pretty easy guess).

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 02:37:11 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
For what it's worth he justed posted this poll on twitter where the Celtics are one of the four options:
https://twitter.com/LarrySanders/status/757624289562533889?lang=da
@LarrySanders: Which team do you believe will utilize my skills the best???

Go ahead and vote lol ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
As others have said this team have the front office, coaching staff, and on court/in locker room leadership to help Sanders. He is well worth the gamble.

Demarcus Cousins, yes. Larry Sanders, no. I wouldn't take a risk on team chemistry with so many young players in the locker room for a player that doesn't have superstar potential. If you think he's a 30 pt, 12 reb, 2-3 block player who isn't in love with the game, then go for it. I personally don't think he's capable of such heights.

I like the course that Danny has us on. Find hungry young guys (Bradley, Smart, now Brown) who are committed to both sides of the ball and have laser focus. Larry Sanders doesn't seem to fit this mold.