Author Topic: League source: We could see a lot of trades in the next week  (Read 7101 times)

Re: League source: We could see a lot of trades in the next week
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 07:55:37 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
The worst thing we can do is give up assets for Westbrook only to see him become a Laker next year.

Besides, the dude is not the superstar everyone thinks he is. He is a star, not a superstar, just like
Cuban said. If he stays in OKC, you'll see exactly what I mean.

Vlade has his new center prospects in Sacramento. Boogie is praying to be on a winning team. Let's make it happen.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:13 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I would indeed prefer Cousins.

But saying Westbrook isn't a star = SMH.

A ball-dominant star, yes. But the guy can score, defend and rebound like few guards in the league.

I have no interest in him - if he insists on going through free agency without a commitment to resign. If he and his agent say Boston is an acceptable destination to them, that's different.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think most transactions we are going to see over the coming weeks are either teams resigning their RFAs, teams trading away their RFA's in a sign and trade for picks and exceptions, the continued signing of who ever is left on the UFA list and trades between teams moving mostly role players and unproven youth.

Could Cousins be traded because Sacramento has finally decided he is too big of a pain in the ass to deal with and that building a future around him is bad for the team? Sure. They have WCS and Papagiannis as young guys at the center position with potential. They could decide to blow it up once again and try to trade Boogie for a bunch of high end draft picks, which very few teams have.

Could OKC decide to blow it up because they lost Durant and know for a certainty that Westbrook is bolting after this season? Sure but they just traded for Oladipo and have Steven Adams and Kanter in the rotation so perhaps not.

I think the chances of a major star being dealt this summer are low. Most likely teams with stars will see how the season goes and then trade the stars during the season or at the deadline.

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

A ball-dominant star, yes. But the guy can score, defend and rebound like few guards in the league.

I have no interest in him - if he insists on going through free agency without a commitment to resign. If he and his agent say Boston is an acceptable destination to them, that's different.

Coach Bo writing SMH????

SMH

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
A trade target id like too see added is Rudy Gay and for a variety of reasons:

1. Can score: you can say what you want about gay but there's no denying he's been a soild NBA scorer for about a decade now. I think this team still lacks bench scoring with loss of Turner.

2. Contract: 2 years 27 Million with an player option after next year. He will almost assuredly opt out with the contracts being passed out.

3. Availability: all indications are SAC is willing to move gay and his price won't be too high

I agree. Surprised there isn't more discussion about him.  Would definitely help fulfill our scoring and shooting woes. And yeah, likely to option out of his deal, which remarkably has become below market, LOL.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I agree with Nick, I think the trades we are talking about here will be smaller transactions.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 09:16:31 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Ive literally seen 0 posters deny that he is a star.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

You haven't read everything that's been posted on this guy.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm expecting a trade for a rotation guy who is on a one year deal and allows us to keep money open for next year. I don't think we see any stars traded this summer, but it wouldn't surprise me if Westbrook or Cousins were dealt at the deadline.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You haven't read everything that's been posted on this guy.
probably fair. haha.

Every critique of him I have read has read more like: Westrbook is not a top 5 player or Westbrook isnt a superstar player. Everyone seems to concede that he is at least a star.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Napier to the Blazers into their cap space. Those trades are heating up!

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 10:14:16 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
@AlexKennedyNBA
As if this last week of NBA transactions wasn't crazy enough, a league source just told me: "We could see a lot of trades in the next week."
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/751199043552940032

Hmm very interesting considering the comments Wyc made today. There's probably deals that can be had that were thinking about or are involved in.

Fireworks Wyc
firewycs
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 08:17:28 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Would t mind cousins especially with horford and it there.  I'd give up Brooklyn pick and filler for him

Probably would take both, one reason I'd avoid him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 08:19:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
@AlexKennedyNBA
As if this last week of NBA transactions wasn't crazy enough, a league source just told me: "We could see a lot of trades in the next week."
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/751199043552940032

Hmm very interesting considering the comments Wyc made today. There's probably deals that can be had that were thinking about or are involved in.

Fireworks Wyc
firewycs
Nice!  That's what we should all say for now on!  tp!