Author Topic: terrible signing for Celtics = Horford  (Read 4828 times)

Re: terrible signing for Celtics = Horford
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2016, 08:07:35 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hey the thread title went from "one of the worst" to just a terrible signing for the Celts.

Improvement! ;D

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:31 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I personally don't think Al is a number 3 on a true contender. But close. I don't love the signing myself and think in a couple of years we may wish we didn't have to pay him and that slot for someone else. I just think he's declining and I don't see him attracting another star but I'm very open to being wrong. He's good and to get Durant you had to try. I'm hoping he plays better here than Atlanta LAST year. At this point I don't really care that he made all star teams before. But most here love the signing so I have a lot of HOPE.

Re: One of the worst signings in history = Horford
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2016, 09:18:15 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I take it back , I tried to make it seem like i totally hated this signing which I do

I overexaggerated purposely just to make it known how awful i think this signing is

obviously guys like Solomon Hill who got signed for 54 million are just one of the few horrific signings

but im just saying, Horford is one of the most annoying players ever. He is not good at all, and I feel a heavy decline almost immediately.

This is better than your initial post. The reason you are being attacked and being forced to go on the defensive is because you made such strong assertion in your OP and didn't back it up with anything except that you are usually right and it is proven by Smith/Steimsma.

Perhaps before you start a new thread that you know will likely get a negative reaction, you should be a little softer with your stance - ie, "Is the Horford Signing Really a Good One?" and then back it up either using multiple other other contracts that you believe to be good or bad as well as reasons / statistics of why you think he will decline.

It's not that you have no point (although I am in the heavy majority that likes the signing, sees it as a way to draw additional FAs, and thinks he will age gracefully with a growing, successful team), it's that your point was too harsh, a little conceited, and contained little substance.

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2016, 09:32:33 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Horford does a ton of things off the ball that help you win. After watching him closely once he comes here I'd be shocked if anyone doesn't love him.

If you are the type of person who only watches the ball, or only cares about scoring then Horford isn't for you.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:52 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I cannot believe it

Last year I was laughing at how trash he was and now we sign him

unbelievable.. he is one of my most hated players. When he makes shots I am baffled at how they go in, sort of like how I used to laugh at Josh Smith's shots when he was being loved by every fan and gm in the league. Absolutely disgusting.
You know nothing about Brad's system he is a perfect fit. What other big could we sign who would better. We gave up nothing and he will be an all-star this year. It is sad the threads that get started on this blog.

I don't care nor know who else we could have signed, but to me this does nothing, im telling you now we will be the same team unless Smart shoots like 45 percent from the field this year.

/thread
I'm bitter.

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So sad to keep seeing this thread on the first page.

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Yes. Please stop responding to this troll. Sets a bad example.