Author Topic: Wade goes to Bulls... Would Whiteside pull a DJ? Would you try to get him?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Forever Green
Wade's gone.  Bosh is questionable.  If Whiteside got cold feet and jilted the Heat... would you try to pursue?
Play to win.  Always.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Decision to do that has got to be made in 15 minutes. They'd need to decline the player options on Jerebko and Johnson by midnight.

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Forever Green
Good point.  Don't know if he's worth a max, but he would definitely bolster the rim protection department.
Play to win.  Always.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Can always do a sign and trade. If Riley decided he didn't want to build around Whiteside, he could ask him about a sign and trade and his willingness to go to Boston. If he says yes, the one year deals of Amir and JJ, plus Young and a pick should work for him to get something out of Whiteside rather than just letting him out of his deal.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I don't know why, but I feel that Whiteside couldn't care less that Wade is gone. He's still getting paid to stay in South Beach.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Forever Green
I don't know why, but I feel that Whiteside couldn't care less that Wade is gone. He's still getting paid to stay in South Beach.

i get that feeling too.  he also said he considers himself a business... but it was just a thought.
Play to win.  Always.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

Yeah. Riley will just sell him on some BS anyways. He's not going anywhere.