Author Topic: C's are legit  (Read 5983 times)

Re: C's are legit
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 10:15:09 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
We are definitely a decent team. I can't wait until we become great but I'm enjoying the process. We obviously lack talent and certain skills like shooting, and now that ET is gone, a meh bench. I'm glad we have a great coach and GM and some young talent to develop.

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 10:17:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson

SG - Bradley, Smart, Hunter

SF - Crowder, Brown, Bentil

PF - Horford, Jerebko, Mickey

C - Johnson, Olynyk, Yabusele

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

SF - Crowder, Brown, Jerebko

PF - Horford, Yabusele, Bentil

C - Johnson, Olynyk, Mickey

(Fixed)

...plus Zizic, plus Young, plus...

We are just overflowing with Good, Decent, and Mysterious.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 10:28:52 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I would bet both Yabu and Zizic are playing abroad next year.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what the Celtics should do with this team is run run run run run run and run teams into the ground. Looks like our strength is in numbers, run and run so that the other team has to go to its bench, and there we will get the advantage.

Study the schedule for teams coming off back to backs, run them into the ground.

I know this thread is about MC Hammer, but to be legit C's have to be RUN DMC !!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
what the Celtics should do with this team is run run run run run run and run teams into the ground. Looks like our strength is in numbers, run and run so that the other team has to go to its bench, and there we will get the advantage.

Study the schedule for teams coming off back to backs, run them into the ground.

I know this thread is about MC Hammer, but to be legit C's have to be RUN DMC !!!!

This is what it's all about. This is why I post on this forum. #Witness

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

SF - Crowder, Brown, Young

PF - Olynyk, Jerebko, Mickey

C - Horford, Johnson, Zeller

Stash: Yabusele, Bentil, Zizic, Thornton

(Obviously this is if no trades occur)

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I hope we sign one more good player in free agency to a nice 1+1 deal to get to the floor/cap.  And then when he expires next year, we add our next premier free agent to the mix in 2017!

I'd like to see either a really good bench shooter or a good rebounding big added.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 10:57:22 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

I hope we sign one more good player in free agency to a nice 1+1 deal to get to the floor/cap.  And then when he expires next year, we add our next premier free agent to the mix in 2017!

I'd like to see either a really good bench shooter or a good rebounding big added.

Who is available that fits that description?

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Solid at 1,2,3. + Horford.

Ainge has been quiet tonite while there has been more deck shuffling in Chicago to accommodate Wade.

Ezeli to Portland? Where or where is that rim protector, Danny?

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 12:10:10 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
As the Miami Heat watch 34-year-old Dwyane Wade walk away for nothing, it's a good time to remember that the Boston Celtics turned 35-year-old Paul Pierce and 37-year-old Kevin Garnett into a package that included three first-round picks and a trade exception that ultimately helped deliver All-Star Isaiah Thomas to Boston.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 01:24:34 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
We might not have superstars but with the drafting of Brown, we have legitament top tier talent at every position except maybe PF.   No offense to Sully.

Isaiah and Rozier
Bradley and Smart
Brown and Crowder
Glut of young PF's.  Amir is pretty underrated. Sully has had a chance here.  Will be interesting what happens.
Horford

I don't think Isaiah, Smart, Brown or Horford are superstars but they are all lower level elite talents imo.  They are just young.

I like this way of thinking about the team.  Top 10 PG, SG, and C.  Arguably top 10 SF (I'm looking at Crowder here though, not Brown).  Weak at PF.  Excellent bench with Rozier, Smart, Brown, Jerebko, non starting of Amir/Olynyk.

If we could make a trade based around Yabusele/Zizic and a future draft pick for a top 10 PF who can shoot and defend (Ibaka, Milsap, healthy Bosh as ideas), then could we be legit contenders to win the East with a top 10 player at each position along with one of the best benches in the league?  Kind of would remind me of the mid 2000 Detroit Pistons a little bit.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 01:30:24 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
As the Miami Heat watch 34-year-old Dwyane Wade walk away for nothing, it's a good time to remember that the Boston Celtics turned 35-year-old Paul Pierce and 37-year-old Kevin Garnett into a package that included three first-round picks and a trade exception that ultimately helped deliver All-Star Isaiah Thomas to Boston.

Is that you Forsberg? Good to know you actually come to a place with real insight.. :o
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 02:31:05 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
We might not have superstars but with the drafting of Brown, we have legitament top tier talent at every position except maybe PF.   No offense to Sully.

Aren't superstars 'top tier talent'?  Having a guy who is considered a 'top tier talent' but not an all star or superstar sounds mutually exclusive, to me :-\. Or are you saying that we have some of the best players in the league at their respective positions?