Author Topic: Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls  (Read 24537 times)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
[dang], we can't steal anything as of yet :(

Al Horford.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Gpod god, people. Read, lol. It depends on which Rondo shows up. Depends on which Wade, too. Very easy to imagine the change of scenery and going home revitalizing him for a year.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750854918718840832

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750856276305903616

Wade is apparently pushing for a deal to be agreed to tonight, whether it be in Denver, Chicago, or Miami. Riley is supposed to have contingency plans for if Wade leaves. I'd like to know what those are - does a maxed out Whiteside figure into that without Wade? I can't see what kind of competitive team he can put together without Wade.

Might be tear down time to get assets for your team. You could probably send Dragic to Philly for one of their bigs, leaving you the ability to trade Whiteside.

Wouldn't Riley just build around Whiteside, Winslow, and Richardson, though?  He's always built or coached around big men, and wisely so, even if some see it as being an antiquated approach in the 'modern NBA' ::), but still, talk about a total reversal for Miami.  They go from one game, and perhaps a Whiteside injury, away from the conference finals to seeing Joe Johnson sign with Utah, lol ;D, Luol Deng with the Lakers, haha, and now, possibly, Wade leaving for Chicago, plus Bosh's likely retirement.  Wow.  It's like rats jumping from a sinking ship, lol ;D. Unbelievabull ;) ;D.

Not sure he'd really want to start a rebuild around Whiteside, though, especially if he can pry one of the Philly bigs for a Dragic trade. He might as well commit to him and then trade him on December 15 for as much as he can.

I agree that this is hardly an ideal situation to be in, but Whiteside, Winslow, and Richardson certainly have the makings of a nice young core that will certainly defend.  The problem is that Winslow can't score.  I remember seeing something last year about how the Heat were actually disturbed at how bad he was, offensively, lol ;D. But dat defense, tho (sarcasm) ::).

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Why did people want Calderon or Dunleavy so badly? We really didn't need them

Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Sources on @TheVertical: Three-time NBA champion Dwyane Wade has informed the Miami Heat that he's accepted the Bulls offer.

Re: Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 10:15:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Just got a message from Dwyane Wade: "it's real."

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Also RIP spacing

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Wade is apparently pushing for a deal to be agreed to tonight, whether it be in Denver, Chicago, or Miami. Riley is supposed to have contingency plans for if Wade leaves. I'd like to know what those are - does a maxed out Whiteside figure into that without Wade? I can't see what kind of competitive team he can put together without Wade.

Might be tear down time to get assets for your team. You could probably send Dragic to Philly for one of their bigs, leaving you the ability to trade Whiteside.

Wouldn't Riley just build around Whiteside, Winslow, and Richardson, though?  He's always built or coached around big men, and wisely so, even if some see it as being an antiquated approach in the 'modern NBA' ::), but still, talk about a total reversal for Miami.  They go from one game, and perhaps a Whiteside injury, away from the conference finals to seeing Joe Johnson sign with Utah, lol ;D, Luol Deng with the Lakers, haha, and now, possibly, Wade leaving for Chicago, plus Bosh's likely retirement.  Wow.  It's like rats jumping from a sinking ship, lol ;D. Unbelievabull ;) ;D.

Not sure he'd really want to start a rebuild around Whiteside, though, especially if he can pry one of the Philly bigs for a Dragic trade. He might as well commit to him and then trade him on December 15 for as much as he can.

I agree that this is hardly an ideal situation to be in, but Whiteside, Winslow, and Richardson certainly have the makings of a nice young core that will certainly defend.  The problem is that Winslow can't score.  I remember seeing something last year about how the Heat were actually disturbed at how bad he was, offensively, lol ;D. But dat defense, tho (sarcasm) ::).
It s not Riley's typical approach but it might make sense. Those guys are similar in age and can grow together.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Gpod god, people. Read, lol. It depends on which Rondo shows up. Depends on which Wade, too. Very easy to imagine the change of scenery and going home revitalizing him for a year.

If he can even stay on the court.  He's the biggest x-factor, to me, as opposed to Rondo, just because of his injury history, alone.  I don't have any sympathy for that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., but still.

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Chicago has traded guard Jose Calderon to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

YES!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2016, 10:16:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Just got a message from Dwyane Wade: "it's real."

The struggle (sarcasm) ;) ;D?

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

It s not Riley's typical approach but it might make sense. Those guys are similar in age and can grow together.

Whiteside is 27, much older than the others. I don't think you can really start a rebuild around him. And there's no point in being a mediocre team with the superteams we have now, so they might as well tank in a ridiculous draft coming up.

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Chicago has traded guard Jose Calderon to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

YES!!!!!!

Nice. More Jeremy Lin.

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:46 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

YES!!!!!!

Why?! lol What is LA doing?!

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2016, 10:19:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't understand Chicago.
Celtics fan for life.