Author Topic: Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls  (Read 24613 times)

Re: Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I am happy to see Wade finally join the Bulls. It has always felt like his 2nd home.

Rondo and Wade together is a problem. Rondo will need to be moved to the bench. Chicago needs a new PG who can shoot the ball. Playmaking is less of an issue with both Wade and J.Butler on the floor together. Calderon can shoot but he cannot defend. Hopefully the Bulls find someone better than him. I really like Jerian Grant but he will need to improve his shooting considerably to worthy of such a role. Looks like they need a new FA signing to start at PG.

« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2016, 08:02:02 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
so given that butler and rondo recruited Rose, I assume this means we can stop with the Butler thing.

Probably for now... not that Butler controls whether he's traded. But something tells me Rondo, Wade and Butler isn't exactly a match made in heaven.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I am happy to see Wade finally join the Bulls. It has always felt like his 2nd home.

Rondo and Wade together is a problem. Rondo will need to be moved to the bench. Chicago needs a new PG who can shoot the ball. Playmaking is less of an issue with both Wade and J.Butler on the floor together. Calderon can shoot but he cannot defend. Hopefully the Bulls find someone better than him. I really like Jerian Grant but he will need to improve his shooting considerably to worthy of such a role. Looks like they need a new FA signing to start at PG.

Calderon's gone. So's Dunleavy.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Chicago will be the most interesting/ laughable  team to watch .

I predict this Bulls team will surpass even the Kings in disjointed Basketball at supposedly the highest level....

I see this as a HIgH end " Tank Job" ..... ;)

Tanking while providing fans with at least Star players to watch .  And at least they get a little something. Or reason to go to a game .  Where Philly provided nothing but 5 dollar seats .

Bulls with ...." Class" tank job ........tanking and taking care of the Fans at the same time .....and keeping the media busy writing up  the ex stars and the Bulls in headlines......LOL

I like it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:15:11 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Ahh, okay.

Calderon to the LA Lakers. I don't think he plays there. They already have J.Clarkson, D.Russell and Lou Williams. Calderon does not deserve minutes in that backcourt.

Dunleavy to the Cavaliers. Oh, that is a good move for them. Dunleavy will be lethal playing off of LeBron and Kyrie. Big time (for a bench player) acquisition for them.

« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2016, 08:30:30 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Ahh, okay.

Calderon to the LA Lakers. I don't think he plays there. They already have J.Clarkson, D.Russell and Lou Williams. Calderon does not deserve minutes in that backcourt.

Dunleavy to the Cavaliers. Oh, that is a good move for them. Dunleavy will be lethal playing off of LeBron and Kyrie. Big time (for a bench player) acquisition for them.

Yes, the Dunleavy move makes tons of sense for them. Was disappointed to see it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
So this presumably means the Bulls will have Wade as the shooting guard and Butler as the small forward (since Butler is 6'7 whereas Wade is 6'4)?

I can see Rondo, Butler and Wade making it work and finding their way into the playoffs at the expense of Miami or Detroit. Rondo is the Wild Card.

« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2016, 10:01:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
So this presumably means the Bulls will have Wade as the shooting guard and Butler as the small forward (since Butler is 6'7 whereas Wade is 6'4)?

I can see Rondo, Butler and Wade making it work and finding their way into the playoffs at the expense of Miami or Detroit. Rondo is the Wild Card.

I think they'll found their way into the playoffs due to a weak East but Rondo/Wade/Butler is a horrible combination to have out there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I think they'll found their way into the playoffs due to a weak East but Rondo/Wade/Butler is a horrible combination to have out there.

The rest of the team looks pretty solid

PG: Rajon Rondo, Jerian Grant
SG: D-Wade
SF: J.Butler, T.Snell
PF: N.Mirotic, T.Gibson, B.Portis
 C: R.Lopez

They got 4 solid big men there. Good starting wings in Wade and J.Butler.

I like Jerian Grant and Tony Snell. I think they can be solid bench players.

Either Rondo or Wade must come off the bench though for the good of the team.

« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2016, 10:24:36 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

The rest of the team looks pretty solid

PG: Rajon Rondo, Jerian Grant
SG: D-Wade
SF: J.Butler, T.Snell
PF: N.Mirotic, T.Gibson, B.Portis
 C: R.Lopez

They got 4 solid big men there. Good starting wings in Wade and J.Butler.

I like Jerian Grant and Tony Snell. I think they can be solid bench players.

Either Rondo or Wade must come off the bench though for the good of the team.

Don't forget about McBuckets off the bench.

They'll compete if, and this is a big if, Rondo has it together.

« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Ain't a [dang] one of them who can shoot from the outside.

Butler is about 32% over the last 3 years from 3 point land.
Rondo is about the same.
Wade is around 24%
Grant was 22% last year.

Defensively it's going to be fairly easy for teams to just crowd the middle and not respect the outside shot. I foresee a lot of difficult mid-range two's for Chicago and that's no way to win in the modern NBA.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2016, 10:32:20 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Ain't a [dang] one of them who can shoot from the outside.

Butler is about 32% over the last 3 years from 3 point land.
Rondo is about the same.
Wade is around 24%
Grant was 22% last year.

Defensively it's going to be fairly easy for teams to just crowd the middle and not respect the outside shot. I foresee a lot of difficult mid-range two's for Chicago and that's no way to win in the modern NBA.

I really have no idea what Bulls front office is trying to accomplish, no spacing and Wade couldn't really function with ball dominant Dragic so how will he do any better with Rondo? They have one of the worst front courts in the league now too without Noah or Gasol...a very unbalanced team so far.

« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
That backcourt of Wade and Rondo might be the worst 3 pt shooting guard tandem in the league.

Fun fact:  Since leaving Boston (a 118 game span), Rondo has shot 36.2% from 3PT range on 1.9 attempts per game.

Is Rondo an example of the reverse-Boston-shooting effect, where everyone we bring via trade/FA in seems to shoot worse in Boston than their career averages?

FWIW, Chicago has at least a couple of very good outside-shooting 'semi-bigs' in McDermott & Mirotic.  The plan for that team will obviously be to try to pull one big out of the paint, use Lopez' strength to hold a seal and then have Wade/Rondo/Butler drive & attack.   Lopez isn't a terrible roll option, either.  Rondo will probably make him look about as good as he made Zeller look.

And Wade is a really good and creative cutter when off the ball.  He used to work that a lot when Lebron was dominating the ball.   God.  Saying anything positive about Wade almost makes me puke.

I'll stop now.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.