Author Topic: Dwyane Wade agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls  (Read 24634 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think they're indeed more interested in moving Calderon + Dunleavy. By my calculations, these two alone (and removing their non-guarantees) gives the Bulls pretty much exactly all they need to offer that $50M contract he apparently is looking for if I'm doing my math correctly.

I'm sure that's who they'd prefer to move.  I can't see any team taking either without getting some kind of reward for doing so.

Not sure why, both of those players are useful + in this market where role players are going on a very expensive rate, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I like the idea of getting Gibson. He'd fit really well here, and iirc he's an expiring contract, meaning he won't be on the cap next year. I'd also take Dunleavy, though, whose shooting would help us.

But what in the world is Chicago doing? They can't seriously believe that either Rondo, Wade, or their current team is anything more than first round fodder, and neither of them are legitimate building blocks around Butler. Further, is there a worse-fitting offensive triad than Rondo, Wade, and Butler, who are all ball-dominant non-shooters who need the ball in their hands to be effective?

Yeah, it makes sense to ride the treadmill rather than getting 3, 16, and Crowder to kickstart your rebuild. Such incompetence being shown by Chicago management here.

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Would it make more sense to call whiteside's agent and see if he is sure he wants to go to the Heat?

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rondo and Wade can't play together, lol.  If Wade does end up with the Bulls I hope that Rondo immediately voids his contract ;D.
I actually read that Rondo was recruiting him to join the Bulls.

It's a trap .......

To punt Dwade in the  plums

I'd prefer that Rondo kick both of his knees and end his career, lol ;D.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Carlos Boozer is planning a return or comeback......

Where I don't know , the article didn't say

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Would it make more sense to call whiteside's agent and see if he is sure he wants to go to the Heat?

That is interesting. I wonder if Miami still wants Whiteside long-term if no Wade. That'd be an impressive front court in Horford and Whiteside.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bulls desperate to make a push into the 5th or 6th seed in the East

Don't underestimate the power of selling a lot of jerseys, too.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Would rather let Mickey, yabusele, Olynk and Amir have minutes instead of Gibson.

Just a mediocre player that takes developmental minutes from young guys.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I'd ask for Dunleavy for a heavily protected second rounder, if only Dunleavy was an expiring. He still has another year (albeit it's only like 5 mil). He could be a good shooter off the bench for us.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750854918718840832

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750856276305903616

Wade is apparently pushing for a deal to be agreed to tonight, whether it be in Denver, Chicago, or Miami. Riley is supposed to have contingency plans for if Wade leaves. I'd like to know what those are - does a maxed out Whiteside figure into that without Wade? I can't see what kind of competitive team he can put together without Wade.

Might be tear down time to get assets for your team. You could probably send Dragic to Philly for one of their bigs, leaving you the ability to trade Whiteside.

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Rondo/Wade/Butler

Has the potential to be tremendously good.
Has the potential to be tremendously bad.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Oh man Rondo and Wade really are going to end up on the same team

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/750862014772371456

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Dwyane Wade is on the verge of a deal with the Bulls, who are nearing trades to clear needed cap space, sources told ESPN

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Pending Chicago's belief they have deal to clear cap space, Dwyane Wade is nearing commitment to sign with Bulls, sources tell @TheVertical

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
HOLY CRAP

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA
Dwyane Wade has informed the Bulls he plans to sign a deal with them, sources tell @TheVertical. Bulls sending out contracts now.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Wow, this is going to be weird.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers