Author Topic: Mike Dunleavy  (Read 4340 times)

Re: Mike Dunleavy
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 08:09:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I believe it's Dunleavy the Cs are considering at this time.

The question is if we get Dunleavy, do we get him with our cap space or we trade Jerebko for him? Decision, decisions.

If that came to be, who do you guys prefer?

Keep JJ.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Bulls are apparently very eager to sign Wade, and need to move salary. I'd be happy to take Dunleavy off their hands for a 2nd round pick.

Why?  What does he offer us?

thank you, exactly XD unleash the YOUNG :P we need to give him this year to prove what he has been working on these years...
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Bulls are apparently very eager to sign Wade, and need to move salary. I'd be happy to take Dunleavy off their hands for a 2nd round pick.

It's a non-pick.... top 55 protected. Dude is immediately the best pure shooter on a team that needs 'em. Team option on the cheap for next year. Veteran. Pro. Dad has 2734 awesome suits.

6000th post, boys, for one of the old timers  8)
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Do you have any evidence that this is who they're considering?  I haven't seen any.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The question is if we get Dunleavy, do we get him with our cap space or we trade Jerebko for him? Decision, decisions.

We are $11 MM under the cap if we renounce Sully or Zeller. So we could absorb one of those guys but not both. If we wanted both we would need to send back a small salary.

I'd be shocked if Danny Ainge isn't the one who helps a team move some salary so they can make Wade a bigger offer.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Do you have any evidence that this is who they're considering?  I haven't seen any.

Do you have to see it for there to be evidence? You're one of the best out here, but you ain't Woj yet!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

It's a non-pick.... top 55 protected. Dude is immediately the best pure shooter on a team that needs 'em. Team option on the cheap for next year. Veteran. Pro. Dad has 2734 awesome suits.

TP for number 6000 :). I wouldn't touch Dunleavy with a ten foot pole, though, myself.  He's missed a lot of games since 07-08, and didn't he just have back surgery?  Not good.  Pass.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

We are $11 MM under the cap if we renounce Sully or Zeller. So we could absorb one of those guys but not both. If we wanted both we would need to send back a small salary.

I'd be shocked if Danny Ainge isn't the one who helps a team move some salary so they can make Wade a bigger offer.

For Dunleavy you don't need to renounce both of them, there's enough room to keep one of Sully/Zeller (which is what's going to happen regardless, if anything... doubt both will be kept very very much). It's a matter of roster space at that point.

Also part of it flexibility to deal with our second rounders.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nope. Nope. Absolutely not. Gotta stop ya right there. No. No. Definitely no.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

TP for number 6000 :). I wouldn't touch Dunleavy with a ten foot pole, though, myself.  He's missed a lot of games since 07-08, and didn't he just have back surgery?  Not good.  Pass.

Thanks! back at ya.

There's basically no risk. Team friendly deal with an option for 2017-18. Heat check bench scorer on the cheap at a position of need. Returned from surgery last season successfully. Just feel like there's overthinking about ones like these sometimes.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan

Thanks! back at ya.

There's basically no risk. Team friendly deal with an option for 2017-18. Heat check bench scorer on the cheap at a position of need. Returned from surgery last season successfully. Just feel like there's overthinking about ones like these sometimes.

there is simply no need to make this move.....when are we gonna develop the people we have already???? =.=
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
What is we help Chicago land Wade and they bounce us out the first round. Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Keep JJ.

That's what I lean to, have to wonder how much Ainge would value the next season's non-guaranteed. That's why there's a valid decision to be made here, despite our first impulse to jump on "JJ, of course!". That said, Jerebko's cap hold will be low regardless. But it's always good to have tradeable assets through Draft Night.

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

If it's not us, it's someone else. Might as well benefit off it if we can. It's a short sighted argument to make.

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 08:42:03 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

The spacing on that team would be horrendous.