Author Topic: Bucks might need space for Wade - take advantage?  (Read 2756 times)

Re: Bucks might need space for Wade - take advantage?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Why not just play Wade at PG? Bench MCW.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:46 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Wade can't leave Miami.
He's using other teams as leverage because Riley is stingy.

A bit like how KD proceed with Spurs, Clippers, Boston and Miami.
All along it was GS but he tried to smooth things out.
Now we get the full story, it starts to be pretty obvious.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Doesn't make any sense. Parker is still on his rookie scale deal so his contract wouldn't generate that much cap space. The one that would get moved is Monroe he's the one that's a square peg in a round hole and would open up a lot of room for Wade.

Sure, he's more salary, but then what do you do with the foursome of Wade, Middleton, GA, and Parker? Are you really going to move your number two pick in 2014 to the bench? That's an ill-fitting roster in the first place.

Not at all. Last year the Bucks started Parker, Giannis, Monroe, MCW, and Middleton. Then later in the year Giannis was the PG and excelled. So the simple solution would be to trade Monroe and start Parker, Giannis, Middleton, and Wade, along with Henson (for now) at center.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Henson or Monroe would be moved -- I think they'd need to clear more space than just Parker's to fit Wade.

They have essentially around $74M right now I believe after the draft of Maker and signing of Mirza, so Jabari's roughly $5M should get them right about where they need to be, unless I'm missing a signing. They'd probably waive Plumllee's rights if he's the problem, too.

I think you forgot Delly.  They're a little under $12 mil in cap room right now including Maker's hold.  They'd certainly need to get above $20 mil.

Ugh, yep, forgot about  Delly's awful contract. They'd essentially have to move Middleton or Monroe then, though Middleton looks to be untouchable and Monroe doesn't really solve their log jam at the wings and forward spots.

I was just coming on to mention Middleton. With Parker and Giannis not making enough (and having a ton of potential), Middleton seems like the obvious choice. Wade plays the same position as Khris so they wouldn't need to adjust their line-up too much. This also makes sense since they could likely get a decent asset in return (which is essentially a free asset since Wade is just costing them cap space).

I don't know what I would give up for him, but he is on a very reasonable deal, spreads the floor well and has improved each year he has been in the league. I know he isn't as attractive as Butler, but his effect on our team (and cost) would likely be very similar, if not better.

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Henson or Monroe would be moved -- I think they'd need to clear more space than just Parker's to fit Wade.

They have essentially around $74M right now I believe after the draft of Maker and signing of Mirza, so Jabari's roughly $5M should get them right about where they need to be, unless I'm missing a signing. They'd probably waive Plumllee's rights if he's the problem, too.

I think you forgot Delly.  They're a little under $12 mil in cap room right now including Maker's hold.  They'd certainly need to get above $20 mil.

Ugh, yep, forgot about  Delly's awful contract. They'd essentially have to move Middleton or Monroe then, though Middleton looks to be untouchable and Monroe doesn't really solve their log jam at the wings and forward spots.

I was just coming on to mention Middleton. With Parker and Giannis not making enough (and having a ton of potential), Middleton seems like the obvious choice. Wade plays the same position as Khris so they wouldn't need to adjust their line-up too much. This also makes sense since they could likely get a decent asset in return (which is essentially a free asset since Wade is just costing them cap space).

I don't know what I would give up for him, but he is on a very reasonable deal, spreads the floor well and has improved each year he has been in the league. I know he isn't as attractive as Butler, but his effect on our team (and cost) would likely be very similar, if not better.

I think Middleton is a reason Wade would play in Milwaukee.  They're workout buddies apparently, and Middleton is at least as much a 3 as he is a 2.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 04:14:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Doesn't make any sense. Parker is still on his rookie scale deal so his contract wouldn't generate that much cap space. The one that would get moved is Monroe he's the one that's a square peg in a round hole and would open up a lot of room for Wade.

Sure, he's more salary, but then what do you do with the foursome of Wade, Middleton, GA, and Parker? Are you really going to move your number two pick in 2014 to the bench? That's an ill-fitting roster in the first place.

Not at all. Last year the Bucks started Parker, Giannis, Monroe, MCW, and Middleton. Then later in the year Giannis was the PG and excelled. So the simple solution would be to trade Monroe and start Parker, Giannis, Middleton, and Wade, along with Henson (for now) at center.

Well, beyond the obvious spacing and shooting woes, I don't think the GA as a pg gimmick will work long-term, especially given the fact that in that lineup there's hardly any reason to leave the paint with all below-average shooters outside of Middleton.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Henson for minor prospect/picks(s). Let Horford mold him, and watch his salary look even more reasonable next season. This is sort of a Crowder situation, but a little further along... a clearly talented player that hasn't quite gotten the full time opportunity with the team that drafted him. He's only played in one system, and shown the ability to be at least a 12/8/3(blocks) type player with 25-30 minutes. Certainly his length is a weapon if used correctly.

I'd love to still get Middleton, but the price IMO will be too high. Parker makes no sense for clearing cap room.

Henson is an elite shot blocker and good rebounder who could use a change of scenery, and makes Sully pretty much irrelevant (except in case of S&T or taking the QO).

I'd offer a late 1st, or some 2nd rounders... or one of our lesser prospects. Absorb the cap hit and we should still have room for Amir and Jerebko. Let Amir and Jerebko both come off the bench as versatile vets... they would thrive against second units and could get as many minutes as Henson depending.

IT / Rozier
Bradley / Smart / Hunter
Crowder / Brown / Jerebko
Henson / Amir / Mickey
Horford / KO

Maine/stash: DJax, Bentil, Young, Yabusele, Zizic

That team is legitimately 13 players deep, which could be an issue if all healthy, but pretty darn talented at the 8-13 spots.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 04:16:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I think Middleton is a reason Wade would play in Milwaukee.  They're workout buddies apparently, and Middleton is at least as much a 3 as he is a 2.

Yeah, he's also the only shooter they have in that lineup, which it's virtually impossible to trade him. That whole lineup is a mess with none of them knowing their true position. Khris as much as a 3 as he is a 2; GA is a 4 more than a 3; and Parker should be a 3 but his style forces him to be a 4.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
hHowever, there's another issue. They already have an ill-fitting starting five with Middleton, GA, and Parker at the 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Adding Wade makes things even worse, meaning one of GA or Parker would ultimately be bench bound, which they're not going to be happy with due to not being bench players.

Start Wade at PG and switch defensive assignments. Have Giannis defend PGs.

Keep Giannis, Middleton and Jabari -- as starters and long term core members.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 04:25:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Well, beyond the obvious spacing and shooting woes, I don't think the GA as a pg gimmick will work long-term, especially given the fact that in that lineup there's hardly any reason to leave the paint with all below-average shooters outside of Middleton.

So then your proposal would be to trade away Parker for a 2018 draft pick and start Giannis, Monroe, Middleton, Wade, and who? MCW? How does that make them better than keeping Parker, who's primary goal this summer is to extend his range out to the 3pt line? How does that generate more floor spacing?

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 04:33:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

The lack of outside shooting would be serious ... but,

It is also one of the more interesting 1-4 combinations in the league because all 4 players could handle the ball, drive, pass, post up. All 4 guys are strong interior scorers and except for Giannis are all good midrange scorers too. It would be very difficult to hide smaller guards (PGs) against those guys because all are so skilled and capable in the post.

We have seen plenty of other teams struggle greatly due to the similar lack of long range shooting but rarely do you see 4 players who are outside of long range shooting as skillful as these 4 players are.

The added advantage of them 1-4 in terms of rebounding + in playing an active team defense with lots of length and quickness.

It might just work. It won't always be pretty. But it could work. Well, well enough anyway.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
They remind me a bit of Wade's rookie season with Miami

PG: Wade
SG: Eddie Jones
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Lamar Odom

PG: Wade
SG: Khris Middleton
SF: Jabari Parker