Author Topic: Bucks might need space for Wade - take advantage?  (Read 2755 times)

Bucks might need space for Wade - take advantage?
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:44:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/750770887238922240

It seems the Bucks think they have a good chance at Wade (Marquette connection - from Chicago area), so it makes some sense. However, they need to clear a little bit of cap space to be able to offer as much as Denver, Chicago, and Miami can offer. If they do that, they think they have a good shot at getting him.

However, there's another issue. They already have an ill-fitting starting five with Middleton, GA, and Parker at the 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Adding Wade makes things even worse, meaning one of GA or Parker would ultimately be bench bound, which they're not going to be happy with due to not being bench players.

So why don't we swoop in and offer something like the Brooklyn 2018 pick for Parker? I know people are going to go crazy losing that pick, but the chances are slim that we'll actually be able to utilize that pick on someone with a higher ceiling than Parker. He'd fit in perfectly at the 4 for us, and it'd solve Mileaukee's roster issues while allowing them to pay Wade the salary he wants. I'd even throw in Rozier if they wanted a pg prospect with it. I'm fairly certain that we'd be able to keep Amir and JJ after this move, too, so it seems like a win-win (except for those with ridiculous standards who have previously hated on Parker).

Being star-craved and wanting to take the next step, I could see them definitely going for this deal, especially because it seems Middleron is untouchable for them.

Who says no?

Re: Bucks might need space for Wade - take advantage?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I like Parker a lot....doubt the Bucks would deal him.

Plus, Wade is likely using the Bucks to get Riley to pony up some more dough.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Henson or Monroe would be moved -- I think they'd need to clear more space than just Parker's to fit Wade.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think Henson or Monroe would be moved -- I think they'd need to clear more space than just Parker's to fit Wade.

Not sure what Henson's salary is but I would like to pick him up for cheap.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 03:50:56 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I thought they were just doing it to facilitate a sign and trade so Wade can get the Salary he wants in Cleveland. Doubt he'd actually play for the Bucks right?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 03:51:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Doesn't make any sense. Parker is still on his rookie scale deal so his contract wouldn't generate that much cap space. The one that would get moved is Monroe he's the one that's a square peg in a round hole and would open up a lot of room for Wade.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I like Parker a lot....doubt the Bucks would deal him.

Plus, Wade is likely using the Bucks to get Riley to pony up some more dough.

Perhaps, but they haven't budged yet. A lot of people are claiming that relationship might be beyond repair at this point. And if his choices are Denver, Milwaukee, and Chicago outside of Miami, you have to think Mileaukee and Chicago are the leading teams, though a trio of Rondo, Wade, and Butler seems like the worst idea in the world offensively.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I thought they were just doing it to facilitate a sign and trade so Wade can get the Salary he wants in Cleveland. Doubt he'd actually play for the Bucks right?

He went to school at Marquette, which is in Milwaukee.  Mikwaukee is also barely two hours from Chicago where Wade grew up, so it's not impossible that he'd have some genuine interest.

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

They have essentially around $74M right now I believe after the draft of Maker and signing of Mirza, so Jabari's roughly $5M should get them right about where they need to be, unless I'm missing a signing. They'd probably waive Plumllee's rights if he's the problem, too.

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 03:59:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Doesn't make any sense. Parker is still on his rookie scale deal so his contract wouldn't generate that much cap space. The one that would get moved is Monroe he's the one that's a square peg in a round hole and would open up a lot of room for Wade.

Sure, he's more salary, but then what do you do with the foursome of Wade, Middleton, GA, and Parker? Are you really going to move your number two pick in 2014 to the bench? That's an ill-fitting roster in the first place.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
LOL Wades not going anywhere else but Miami
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

He went to school at Marquette, which is in Milwaukee.  Mikwaukee is also barely two hours from Chicago where Wade grew up, so it's not impossible that he'd have some genuine interest.

How would the sign and trade work with Milwaukee? Would they be getting Love back in the deal? If so, that's even more reason to move Parker for assets.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

They have essentially around $74M right now I believe after the draft of Maker and signing of Mirza, so Jabari's roughly $5M should get them right about where they need to be, unless I'm missing a signing. They'd probably waive Plumllee's rights if he's the problem, too.

I think you forgot Delly.  They're a little under $12 mil in cap room right now including Maker's hold.  They'd certainly need to get above $20 mil.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I think you forgot Delly.  They're a little under $12 mil in cap room right now including Maker's hold.  They'd certainly need to get above $20 mil.

Ugh, yep, forgot about  Delly's awful contract. They'd essentially have to move Middleton or Monroe then, though Middleton looks to be untouchable and Monroe doesn't really solve their log jam at the wings and forward spots.

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Ugh, yep, forgot about  Delly's awful contract. They'd essentially have to move Middleton or Monroe then, though Middleton looks to be untouchable and Monroe doesn't really solve their log jam at the wings and forward spots.

Yep, that's why I said Monroe or Henson.  Obviously their top choice is Monroe, but as he's more expensive, he'd be more difficult to move later in free agency.