Author Topic: Dewayne Dedmon - This year's Biyombo  (Read 1841 times)

Dewayne Dedmon - This year's Biyombo
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:37:42 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Dewayne Dedmon has a career block rate of 5%, as well as an offensive rebounding rate of 12.7%, defensive rebunding of 25.0%, and total rebounding of 18.7% in 2000 career minutes.  25% of his made baskets are dunks.

He also doesn't pass and turns the ball over a ton.  He's three years older than Biyombo, but otherwise the similarities are striking.

He was reportedly close to going to the Warriors for the room exception until Zaza decided a ring was worth about $10 million.  So he's pretty cheap, and at the same time, almost good enough for the Warriors.  He's an unrestricted free agents who turns 27 this summer.  He likely won't get much better, but he does things that no one else on our team does, and he could be a total bargain in free agency, with players like Mozgov and Mahinmi signing huge contracts.  We have $10 million in cap space if we let Sully and Zeller go, and I bet he could be signed long-term for half that.

This is my "I told you so" post for when he signs for a cheap one year deal with a player option, blows up, and gets 8 figures on a long-term deal next year.

Re: Dewayne Dedmon - This year's Biyombo
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Like it. Get him on a team friendly 1 + 1 deal.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would compare him more to Mahinmi.

He would be a good 3rd string center on this team while he continues to develop.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:32:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Dewayne Dedmon has a career block rate of 5%, as well as an offensive rebounding rate of 12.7%, defensive rebunding of 25.0%, and total rebounding of 18.7% in 2000 career minutes.  25% of his made baskets are dunks.

He also doesn't pass and turns the ball over a ton.  He's three years older than Biyombo, but otherwise the similarities are striking.

He was reportedly close to going to the Warriors for the room exception until Zaza decided a ring was worth about $10 million.  So he's pretty cheap, and at the same time, almost good enough for the Warriors.  He's an unrestricted free agents who turns 27 this summer.  He likely won't get much better, but he does things that no one else on our team does, and he could be a total bargain in free agency, with players like Mozgov and Mahinmi signing huge contracts.  We have $10 million in cap space if we let Sully and Zeller go, and I bet he could be signed long-term for half that.

This is my "I told you so" post for when he signs for a cheap one year deal with a player option, blows up, and gets 8 figures on a long-term deal next year.

In reality he is probably the same age as Biyombo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Good call, saltlover. I would not be surprised if this thread gets a bump in a year.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:17:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 12:22:22 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

In reality he is probably the same age as Biyombo

And 5-10 years younger than Thon Maker
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:26:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
annoying. it's like we're allergic to front court length.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Spurs got him for the room exception.  I am cranky.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--spurs-reach-agreement-with-center-152602984.html

Which is why Buford is the best GM in the game.

It isn't close.

Again we are asleep on a quality frontcourt addition.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 09:23:27 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Through 7 games, it's clear this is the guy we needed.  He leads the league in block percentage, and has a 30.1% rebound percentage.  I'm still cranky we didn't sign him, despite the fact we had the money to do so.