Author Topic: What would you give up for Vucevic?  (Read 1524 times)

What would you give up for Vucevic?
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
With the Magic bringing in Biyambo and Ibaka this offseason I think it makes sense that Vucevic is the odd man out.  I think he would bring alot to the celts and allow horford to play the 4.  What would you give up for him?

My thoughts
Jerebko, Rozier, Olynyk 2018 Celts pick, 2019 Clippers pick
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: What would you give up for Vucevic?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:11:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
With the Magic bringing in Biyambo and Ibaka this offseason I think it makes sense that Vucevic is the odd man out.  I think he would bring alot to the celts and allow horford to play the 4.  What would you give up for him?

My thoughts
Jerebko, Rozier, Olynyk 2018 Celts pick, 2019 Clippers pick

I'm not quite sure what the Magic are doing, but I'm not convinced Vucevic is officially the odd man out.

I also think that's an overpay, and would keep one of Rozier or Olynyk.  Presumably Rozier, since Olynyk would lose minutes to Vucevic.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:16:14 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think they will keep Vucevic. They still need his shooting and scoring. Otherwise, the Magic will get very little offense from their big man positions. Hard to live with. Especially with a limited scoring PG like E.Payton.

That said, if Vucevic were available, I am not interested. Well, not completely uninterested but low level interest. Vucevic doesn't play enough defense. He is a plodder. Playing Vucevic and Horford together will hurt our defense and team speed.

I think Ainge can do better in Vucevic.
I like his chances at getting one of Cousins, Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap in next 12 months.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 09:18:40 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Johnson, Young, Jackson, LAC pick, MEM pick. Vucevic would look nice next to Horford. Only 26 and locked up on such a cheap contract. With Ibaka, Biyambo, Gordon, Zimmerman, and Green (he'd probably get some minutes there) he seems like the odd man out.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Vucevic is the Magic's best player.  He is not the odd man out.  They acquired two players in the off season that fit very well with Vucevic.  They are building around him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Vucevic is the Magic's best player.  He is not the odd man out.  They acquired two players in the off season that fit very well with Vucevic.  They are building around him.
I think Ibaka is better, I think Gordon is going to be better next season.

They are building around Gordon, imo. My theory is that the owner pushed to move Tobias Harris after they saw the publicity Aaron Gordon got from the dunk contest. The owner realizes he's the future.

Vogel is a defense first coach and Biyombo, Ibaka and Gordon are all better than him defensively at the 4 and 5. I wouldn't be surprised if Vuc is dealt at all. I'm just not in favor of adding another center because that is where Horford is best.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
forget Vucevic, we should be targeting Nurkic!