Author Topic: Reasonable Jimmy Butler Trade for both sides...  (Read 1595 times)

Reasonable Jimmy Butler Trade for both sides...
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:52:37 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Avery Bradley/Jonas Jerebko/Terry Rozier/Boston 2018/Brooklyn 2018

For

Jimmy Butler

The Bulls reload with a solid defensive foundational player a flexible contract in JJ and a young PG who is for me the toughest inclusion in this package given his development. The Brooklyn 2018 allows us to retain the swap for 2017 which will likely be the better of the two.

We still hang onto Amir Johnson to match salaries for a midseason trade.

I could also see a package which would include sign and trade involving Sullinger and the Celtics getting Mirotic in return.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:03:18 AM by Fireworks_Boom! »

Re: Reasonable Jimmy Butler Trade for both sides...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The Boston 2017 will be the Brooklyn 2017 which I believe will be #1 or 2.. so no.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
It autocorrected... Should have read 2018 Boston pick.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:08 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Whether we like it or not, I think that the minimum they might accept is: Bradley plus Brooklyn swap in 2017 and Brooklyn 2018?

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Danny might get away with the BRK 2018 pick and the Memphis pick plus Bradley and salary filler for Butler. I think that's a pretty fair trade, though Chicago does often ask for an awful lot sometimes to trade what they consider to be star players. This trade might be a good way of dumping Young where we send the Bulls young and $2 million dollars as part of the package so that if the Bulls decide Young is a bust they can cut him without losing money

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I don't think we complete multiple trades this year if we get Jimmy so don't worry about excluding Amir's contract.

Personally that is still too much for me. One of Avery or the Brk pick not both. If it ended up as:

Butler for Bradley, Amir Johnson, Rozier, Boston 2018

I could get behind it. Honestly though I see a few of our guys who could turn into a Butler level player so I don't know if he's even needed. Smart and Brown have a ways to go but both have the potential. Bradley is a much better foil for Thomas on defence than Butler

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Avery Bradley/Jonas Jerebko/Terry Rozier/Boston 2018/Brooklyn 2018

For

Jimmy Butler

The Bulls reload with a solid defensive foundational player a flexible contract in JJ and a young PG who is for me the toughest inclusion in this package given his development. The Brooklyn 2018 allows us to retain the swap for 2017 which will likely be the better of the two.

We still hang onto Amir Johnson to match salaries for a midseason trade.

I could also see a package which would include sign and trade involving Sullinger and the Celtics getting Mirotic in return.

This is fine to me....although Rozier looks to be a more promising ball-handler than Smart, so I might be more inclined to offer him instead