Author Topic: Looks like Cavs want Wade - 3-way trade possibility?  (Read 7963 times)

Re: Looks like Cavs want Wade - 3-way trade possibility?
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'd do that deal.

I'm not sure there's enough alcohol in the world to get Pat Riley drunk enough to take that bag of garbage from the Celtics.

Will. Never. Happen.

Yeah, having Wade just walk and getting nothing for him is definitely better than getting KO and a pick or some other assets.  ;)

Kinda' like how the Heat got Lebron several years ago for peanuts because the Cavs didn't want to lose him for nothing.

Exactly. It'd be the exact same type of situation. If Wade threatens to go to Chicago or some other place anyways, then it makes sense to facilitate the sign-and-trade to receive some sort of compensation for him. You can argue what it would cost from Boston, but it makes sense to do this, especially since it seems that the Heat are not interested in Love or really any of their other players (that they're willing to give up for Wade).

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 06:22:36 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Isn't Brooklyn 2018 without players a reasonable compromise? If they want to rebuild and tank, then Johnson's presence can only hinder that process and I want to keep Olynyk.  Apparently, they have their own 1st round pick next year but Phoenix has their pick in 2018 (top 7 protected).

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Isn't Brooklyn 2018 without players a reasonable compromise? If they want to rebuild and tank, then Johnson's presence can only hinder that process and I want to keep Olynyk.  Apparently, they have their own 1st round pick next year but Phoenix has their pick in 2018 (top 7 protected).

If they did the trade on the 7th, they'd still be able to cut Amir's non-guaranteed contract.

But I feel like the 2018 Brooklyn pick is a bit of an overpay for these sign-and-trade situations, but perhaps Riley would demand that to go along with it. I don't know. That certainly makes it a little less desirable, depending upon how you feel about that pick's chances.

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If rather have Thompson.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They just need someone to take the contracts of shumpert and frye and they'll have enough money to offer wade a reasonable contract.
That isn't true.  James would be at 26/27 million. 
You're making the assumption that James would require 26/27 million.  I'm making the assumption they could just dump Shumpert and Frye and he and his boyfriend could split the 40 million in cap space the team would have.  It would be about more than money for those guys.  Have Wade take 18 and LeBron take 22.  Whatever.  They are getting swept by the 82 win Warriors anyways - might as well go for broke.

They don't need to do any complicated sign and trades or move Love or Thompson.  They just need to ring up a team like Brooklyn and say, "Hey, we'll give you a 1st rounder if you take Shumpert and Frye off our hands".  Brooklyn says "sure".  End of story.

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 08:02:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
They just need someone to take the contracts of shumpert and frye and they'll have enough money to offer wade a reasonable contract.
You're making the assumption that James would require 26/27 million.  I'm making the assumption they could just dump Shumpert and Frye and he and his boyfriend could split the 40 million in cap space the team would have.  It would be about more than money for those guys.  Have Wade take 18 and LeBron take 22.  Whatever.  They are getting swept by the 82 win Warriors anyways - might as well go for broke.

They don't need to do any complicated sign and trades or move Love or Thompson.  They just need to ring up a team like Brooklyn and say, "Hey, we'll give you a 1st rounder if you take Shumpert and Frye off our hands".  Brooklyn says "sure".  End of story.

Sure, you can assume that, but no one is going to agree with that assumption, since neither of them are going to give up that much money from what they're owed.

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

If they did the trade on the 7th, they'd still be able to cut Amir's non-guaranteed contract.

But I feel like the 2018 Brooklyn pick is a bit of an overpay for these sign-and-trade situations, but perhaps Riley would demand that to go along with it. I don't know. That certainly makes it a little less desirable, depending upon how you feel about that pick's chances.

I don't think we'd have to give up a pick. YEah slimball Riley would want it, but the C's are taking the bigger chance that if Love sucks they we are stuck with that salary on the books for 4 years. We would be doing everyone a favor by absorbing the contract. I'd do Memp's pick at the most, along with Rozier,S&T Sully, and Young, tops. Cleveland can add more since they are the ones wanting this more.

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Sure, you can assume that, but no one is going to agree with that assumption, since neither of them are going to give up that much money from what they're owed.
well most are just claiming Wade will take a 3.5 mil exception.  So the both of them splitting 40 mil is a little less ridiculous.

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

well most are just claiming Wade will take a 3.5 mil exception.  So the both of them splitting 40 mil is a little less ridiculous.

No serious source is saying that lol I saw Rachel Nichols making fun of people on Twitter today for saying this lol

From what I remember, Wade needs the money after his divorce took a lot of it away from him. He has several other attractive options that he can take before simply ring-chasing for merely $3M lol Denver, Milwaukee, and Chicago will all give him close to what he's wanting to sign him.

In fact, we might want to hope that Milwaukee signs him, because then they'd virtually be forced to give up one of Middleton, Giannis, or Parker.

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650213-dwyane-wade-rumors-cavaliers-reportedly-an-option-for-heat-sg

Denver offering over $10M more, somewhere north of $50M over two years, than Miami. Looking more and more likely that Wade is not a member of the Heat next year.

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

they don't have 40 million in cao space  closer to 30 than 40
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650213-dwyane-wade-rumors-cavaliers-reportedly-an-option-for-heat-sg

Denver offering over $10M more, somewhere north of $50M over two years, than Miami. Looking more and more likely that Wade is not a member of the Heat next year.
he just wants the Heat to up there offer a bit more at this stage of his career he's not going to Denver lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 11:42:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

he just wants the Heat to up there offer a bit more at this stage of his career he's not going to Denver lol

He's got similar offers in Chicago and Milwaukee apparently. There's supposedly a ton of tension there, and Riley doesn't be looking to budge. It wouldn't surprise me to see him playing elsewhere next season.

EDIT: And he'd obviously go to the Cavs via a Love sign and trade, too, so he's got legitimate options outside of Miami.