Poll

Would You Trade the 2018 Brooklyn Pick for Love?

Yes
13 (39.4%)
No
16 (48.5%)
Maybe
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Revisiting Love: Cleveland Might Pursue Wade But Needs Cap Space  (Read 3539 times)

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Cleveland might like to add Wade, which would require moving Love to clear cap space. Would you trade the 2018 Brooklyn pick for Love? Horford and Love would arguably be the most versatile front court in the league. Add another piece next offseason (Hayward) and perhaps we can beat Cleveland.

Re: Revisiting Love: Cleveland Might Pursue Wade But Needs Cap Space
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:06:12 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
It sounds crazy (plus, Love's skill set/athleticism hasn't really kept up with the recent trend), but I don't know. I'd consider it. Love is still a terrific offensive player after all.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:30:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No, and I don't think Cleveland would have significant cap space even if they dumped Love.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Was n't Their payroll like 180 million this year ?

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:14:19 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Still don't want Love.  Wade will re-sign in Miami for 2yr/$40mm.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 07:28:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Love is still a terrific offensive player after all.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3449/kevin-love

5.8 ppg in the finals.  20% from the three, 34% from the field.   Yeah, he was terrific!   NOT!

Horrible defender, too.   He has been exposed.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 07:31:07 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
None of this matters. KD has ruined the nba. Now, this is going to keep happening thru the ages. Once the Warriors are done dominating, the next great  team will just add the best next available player. This is going to just keep happening I think.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
None of this matters. KD has ruined the nba. Now, this is going to keep happening thru the ages. Once the Warriors are done dominating, the next great  team will just add the best next available player. This is going to just keep happening I think.

Well, this is more of a combination of GSW having great players locked up under great contracts on the old salary cap. If all of them were to sign again this year, they wouldn't be able to afford more than three of them - which is still good, but it's unlikely a record breaking team is going to have the cap space to sign a top 3 player again without said player taking a huge discount.

Basically, it's total bs - not just from a Cs perspective, but from an NBA fan's perspective. Really disappointed this is how it went down and hope the Warriors suffer mightily.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 07:39:25 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Any BKN picks is out of the table and it would be stupid to trade it for one dimensional player who flat out sucked during the finals.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
If we didn't sign Horford, maybe.. But where we did I think our interest in Love is gone.
I think the ideal plan is to keep Al at the 4, so in theory we don't need Love anymore.

This team needs a legit center or star 3, if we can trade for one of those positions I think Danny should, if we can't then we should just continue to build through free agency and the draft.

No sense to trade future assets and waste cap space on positions we already have filled.. with an all star at this point mind you.

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 08:12:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
No, and I don't think Cleveland would have significant cap space even if they dumped Love.
Any trade seems like it would need to be a sign and trade with Miami that sends them Love. Maybe Miami would prefer picks and we could work a three team S&t.

As to the OPs suggestion, I'm not giving up a Brooklyn pick for Love, especially if trading Love is the only way they can get Wade.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 08:19:13 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Riley will just sign and trade Wade in exchange for Love and will be competitive with Dragic, Whiteside.
I don't see the point of Riley having a pick at this time.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 08:22:02 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Any trade seems like it would need to be a sign and trade with Miami that sends them Love. Maybe Miami would prefer picks and we could work a three team S&t.

As to the OPs suggestion, I'm not giving up a Brooklyn pick for Love, especially if trading Love is the only way they can get Wade.
Cleveland can't acquire a player via sign and trade as they will be a tax payer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:30 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The Love train has past and in no way shape or form do I trade any of the Brooklyn picks unless his name is Blake Griffin or PG13...wouldnt even give it up for Butler.

Love may need to resurrect his career though and that Im willing to do ala Evan Turner but not via trades of our main assets but via free agency when he opts out. Doubt he does that though because teams wont view him as amax player anymore because of how disastrous his stint was at Cleveland

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We need to get they Cleveland . Why would we risk making them even better than they already are than us?