Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) vs Jazz (0-1) Utah SL Game 2 7/5/16  (Read 22721 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) vs Jazz (0-1) Utah SL Game 2 7/5/16
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
take-aways from this game:
- Rozier looked good again.  not as good as the first game but he's definitely improved his game.
- Yabu looked better but still looks like he needs seasoning in Euro ball.  looking like a real prospect.
- Bentil looked better on the offensive end.  barring a roster shake-up, he probably makes the team but will live in Maine this year.
- Jackson looked decent -- probably in Maine with Bentil
- Young looked better on offense, somewhat.  maybe it's me but this is what I would have expected from him if he played summer league after he was drafted, not after 2 seasons with the team.  Need to see more leadership and better play from him.
- team D wasn't particularly good.  amazed they won.

« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can anyone tell me what the hell Utah are doing letting Lyles throw up 21 shots?? He's part of the main team rotation!!!

Most of the Jazz SL players won't even be in training camp with the Jazz, who currently have sixteen players under contract.  Aside from Lyles, the only players they really care about are Pleiss and Bolomboy, and maybe Quincy Ford (who will make it to camp).  So it's better for the Jazz if the shots go to Lyles than the players who will be overseas or in the D-league.

« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
take-aways from this game:
- Rozier looked good again.  not as good as the first game but he's definitely improved his game.
- Yabu looked better but still looks like he needs seasoning in Euro ball.  looking like a real prospect.
- Bentil looked better on the offensive end.  barring a roster shake-up, he probably makes the team but will live in Maine this year.
- Jackson looked decent -- probably in Maine with Bentil
- Young looked better on offense, somewhat.  maybe it's me but this is what I would have expected from him if he played summer league after he was drafted, not after 2 seasons with the team.  Need to see more leadership and better play from him.
- team D wasn't particularly good.  amazed they won.

TP.

Rozier has good hustle (along with skill)

Bentil and Yabu were fun to watch. Wish Mickey was in a lineup with them.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:05 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Rozier looks like he'll get more minutes with ET gone. That's the most positive thing so far. I read some pundit (Kyler?) that Rozier had a good chance to standout at the summer leagues and I wonder if that entered into Danny's calculation in taking Brown. He's looked like he has a clue about running a team as well as an ability to get off shots in close quarters.

I think Brown will take awhile and won't play as much as Rozier. Cut him off from an open lane and he struggles. Will need to work on his shot (or show it more) to open up driving lanes. Still not thrilled by the pick, but I wasn't dead set against it either. It's just going to take more time than some of the other players that were on the board (but less time than Bender or Chriss).

Yabu looked much better last night, but back to France for a year. Everyone else is up in the air, but I suspect Bentil and Hunter will make roster. Would have liked to see Mickey and Zizic. Otherwise, the team has played well for summer league, the refereeing still sucks, and the announcers remain bad.