Author Topic: Get Andrew Bogut  (Read 4528 times)

Re: Get Andrew Bogut
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:01:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hell no

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Isn't he like always injured?

Yes, but when Ian Mahinmi and Timofey Mozgov get $16 million a year, Bogut at $11 million is still a bargain for 20 minutes a night.

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Bogut would be a fine backup.

I wouldn't start him and Horford together. Too slow on defense and would get in each other's way on offense. Both guys like to play off the elbow and are at their best when used to facilitate the rest of the offense from there.

An Amir Johnson (non-guaranteed contract) for Bogut trade makes sense.

I think they'll be fine. I think Horford and Bogut can play a lot of in and out together. And opponents will have a tough time getting into the paint with those two.

I think the offense will be a lot like when D-Lee and Bogut played together. Only without the shooting of Steph Curry (Isaiah), Klay Thompson (Avery) and Harrison Barnes (Crowder).

I think the team loses more offensively than it gains defensively by starting the two of them together.

Bogut has always been at his best when he has had a quick footed mobile PF next to him. Draymond Green in GSW. Mbah a Moute in Milwaukee. Guys who can move around the court and take advantage of his passing ability. Which is much harder to do when the paint is clogged. Like it was with D-lee and Bogut and often would be with Horford and Bogut too.

I think they can play together some of the time but I wouldn't start them together.

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Yes, but when Ian Mahinmi and Timofey Mozgov get $16 million a year, Bogut at $11 million is still a bargain for 20 minutes a night.

Exactly.

Time to capitalize now on the GSW fire sale.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Look him up on basketball reference. His injuries were a few years ago.

Nonetheless, he is in serious decline stat wise. Around 20 minutes a game and 4-5 years of declining scoring and FT percentages.  Rebounds are okay, but not much else.

He has one year left at $11 million. But not sure what he offers anymore. Sully is better it seems.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Chuckle.

NO way Sullinger is a better player. None.

Bogut's stats suffer with the players around him, not so much his game.

He's a huge bargain in this economy for a year at $11 million, a big improvement over Amir. We should take a look - assuming that Cousins can't be had.

I'd also have some interest in Iggy if they dump him.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:11:22 PM by CoachBo »

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 12:08:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I wouldn't start him and Horford together. Too slow on defense and would get in each other's way on offense. Both guys like to play off the elbow and are at their best when used to facilitate the rest of the offense from there.

I think they'll be fine. I think Horford and Bogut can play a lot of in and out together. And opponents will have a tough time getting into the paint with those two.

I think the offense will be a lot like when D-Lee and Bogut played together. Only without the shooting of Steph Curry (Isaiah), Klay Thompson (Avery) and Harrison Barnes (Crowder).

I think the team loses more offensively than it gains defensively by starting the two of them together.

Bogut has always been at his best when he has had a quick footed mobile PF next to him. Draymond Green in GSW. Mbah a Moute in Milwaukee. Guys who can move around the court and take advantage of his passing ability. Which is much harder to do when the paint is clogged. Like it was with D-lee and Bogut and often would be with Horford and Bogut too.

I think they can play together some of the time but I wouldn't start them together.

That team was good enough to win 50+ games, long before Steph and Klay were perennial All-Stars, with David Lee not being a good defender. David Lee also was an All-Star playing with Andrew in the same block.

I think it would work.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

That team was good enough to win 50+ games, with David Lee not being a good defender. David Lee also was an All-Star playing with Andrew in the same block.

I think it would work.

And it would work even better if they were kept apart.

If Horford starts and Bogut off bench.
Just as GSW would have worked better if D-Lee came off the bench.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

That team was good enough to win 50+ games, with David Lee not being a good defender. David Lee also was an All-Star playing with Andrew in the same block.

I think it would work.

And it would work even better if they were kept apart.

If Horford starts and Bogut off bench.
Just as GSW would have worked better if D-Lee came off the bench.

Ah. Well, I 100% agree with that.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 12:13:25 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Yes and to get him you'd have to get rid of Johnson, no thanks

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
Not buying at all that they can't play together.

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
do we not have cap space to eat his 11m contract? if we get rid of Sully and Zeller?

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 12:21:53 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would rather take a look at Festus Ezeli instead. He is going to be UFA now because of KD.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 12:23:42 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I want him. He'd be an excellent fit here.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
There's supposedly already been three calls about him since the announcement. Hopefull we were one of them.