Author Topic: Get Westbrook! Or no? / Westbrook needs to be a main target now  (Read 9585 times)

Re: Get Westbrook! Or no?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Why bother? It wouldn't make us competitive with GSW and isn't worth the potential damage Westbrook could cause to our culture.

A lineup of Westbrook, Bradley, Crowder, JJ, and HORFORD would certainly be competitive with GS.

Jonas Jerebko??
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 01:21:34 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Why bother? It wouldn't make us competitive with GSW and isn't worth the potential damage Westbrook could cause to our culture.

Westbrook would damage our culture? Lol
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 01:22:38 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

A lineup of Westbrook, Bradley, Crowder, JJ, and HORFORD would certainly be competitive with GS.

Jonas Jerebko??

Just threw him in there as an example, since I don't know what a RW trade would cost and all that.

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I think you could replace Jerebko with Blake Griffin and GSW would still beat us nine times out of ten in a seven-game series.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

They basically traded Barnes, Bogut, and Ezeli for Durant. They were not given a special exemption by the league to play games with six players instead of five.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

I think you could replace Jerebko with Blake Griffin and GSW would still beat us nine times out of ten in a seven-game series.

You realize that GS is now incredibly shallow and has 0 rim protection, right? Until they sign a supporting cast, nobody will know how truly good they will be. The playoffs showed that the small-ball death lineup just isn't realistic full-time.

Re: Westbrook needs to be a main target now
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 01:24:54 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
He may not be as available as people think.

They still have Westbrook, though, at least for a year. He's an unrestricted free agent next summer himself, and can make this same kind of decision to play elsewhere. Those inside the Thunder organization were long concerned about outside forces swaying Durant to leave; they don't feel that way about Westbrook. As one team source said: This will only make him want to stay more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/1801/with-durant-walking-where-do-the-thunder-go-from-here
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Lottery picks have to start being worth the value. This one this year was not worth much. You are not winning in the nba through the draft. Have to trade or sign players.

GSW literally just built a champion and then a 73 win team through the draft.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:45 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He'll go to the Lakers if anything.

Not interested in him here.

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 01:27:28 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

But their so far away from actually competing, I don't see him choosing LA outright. Maybe if he's traded there, but I don't think he'll sign with them in FA. They couldn't even get a meeting with Durant this year.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Not so sure about that after their signings this offseason. They now don't have room for two max contracts next offseason, iirc. And he's certainly not joining their team with what they have now.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm seeing people willing to trade IT for Westbrook?

That would be the death knell for this franchise for the next 10 years and for all the goodwill it has built up with players and agents.

Like it or not, IT is the face of this franchise right now and a MAJOR reason why Horford is here.

To trade IT right now would make Ainge and the franchise persona non grata with players in the NBA as well as many of our own players.

CAN'T trade IT right now.

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

They still have Westbrook, though, at least for a year. He's an unrestricted free agent next summer himself, and can make this same kind of decision to play elsewhere. Those inside the Thunder organization were long concerned about outside forces swaying Durant to leave; they don't feel that way about Westbrook. As one team source said: This will only make him want to stay more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/1801/with-durant-walking-where-do-the-thunder-go-from-here

Oh, horsecrap. There's absolutely no way that they can risk that. They would be absolutely crucified if they lost Durant, Harden, and Westbrook with virtually nothing to show for it.

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

right...

He is so gone, they better not make the same mistake twice.

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

Westbrook would damage our culture? Lol

If I could build an imaginary "not a Brad Stevens player" player in my head, I think I would end up with Russell Westbrook.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Russell was not staying in OKC next year, they all knew that..  Pretty sure He is going to the Lakers..  Kinda like the not so secret secret..
Why would anyone choose the Lakers right now the way that team is managed?  Their management and ownership are both terrible.