Author Topic: Get Westbrook! Or no? / Westbrook needs to be a main target now  (Read 9634 times)

Re: Westbrook needs to be a main target now
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I like Westbrook but being in that last year means you can't give up a ton for him. Also it's not like C's or 90% of the teams in league can beat the Warriors in a series if healthy.

Get Westbrook! Or no?
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
One year left on his deal, no reason now except the fifth year to stay in OKC, where they just went in a youth direction with the Ibaka trade (maybe OKC was preparing for the Durexit with that trade, already knew?) and they could get a fortune for him. It would cost us a lot. How much might it realistically cost? What's the minimum you can see Oklahoma taking versus the maximum that we would give up?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Re: Get Westbrook! Or no?
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He's super overrated IMO.  He would be a bad fit in our system.  He's basically Rondo if Rondo took 20+ shots per night.  He's not a bad player by any means, but he's a ball dominating chucker who shoots 29% from three. 

Gonna be interesting to see if OKC can even make the playoffs without Durant carrying them.

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Not a good fit for us, he'd leave next year, and would cost way too much. Let the Lakers trade Ingram and Russell for him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
No thanks. better off standing pat. we are a 50 win team next year with a developing roster and lottery picks in the pipeline.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 01:03:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Maybe, but I don't think I would like the price.

On a related note, OKC basically has to trade Westbrook now, right? I mean, they can score an amazing package for him right now or watch him walk away for nothing next year (see: Durant). Why in the world would Westbrook stay in OKC next year? He likely wasn't going to anyway.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 01:05:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lottery picks have to start being worth the value. This one this year was not worth much. You are not winning in the nba through the draft. Have to trade or sign players.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 01:06:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He will go to Spurs to replace there aging guards.

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 01:09:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
He's super overrated IMO.  He would be a bad fit in our system.  He's basically Rondo if Rondo took 20+ shots per night.  He's not a bad player by any means, but he's a ball dominating chucker who shoots 29% from three. 

Gonna be interesting to see if OKC can even make the playoffs without Durant carrying them.
Pretty simplistic way of looking at things really.  I mean Russ averaged  23.5 points, 10.4 assists, and 7.8 rebounds per game.  For good measure he threw in 2 steals.  His TS% was 55.4 and he scored at a rate of 1.3 points per shot with a PER of 27.6.  He would have led Boston in points, assists, and steals and would have been second only to Sullinger in rebounds.  This from a 6'3" PG. 

To acquire him, Thomas would have to be traded (in the trade for Westbrook makes sense to me).  I'd happily trade Thomas, 2018 Brooklyn, and some other assets for him.  The only real concern is losing Westbrook next summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
Yes I would take him in a heart beat.

He is a top 10 player in the NBA and he is available now. Plus his price will be relatively low due to his impending free agency.

Danny Ainge is probably already plotting his way to get him.

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Pretty simplistic way of looking at things really.  I mean Russ averaged  23.5 points, 10.4 assists, and 7.8 rebounds per game.  For good measure he threw in 2 steals.  His TS% was 55.4 and he scored at a rate of 1.3 points per shot with a PER of 27.6.  He would have led Boston in points, assists, and steals and would have been second only to Sullinger in rebounds.  This from a 6'3" PG. 

To acquire him, Thomas would have to be traded (in the trade for Westbrook makes sense to me).  I'd happily trade Thomas, 2018 Brooklyn, and some other assets for him.  The only real concern is losing Westbrook next summer.

At this stage is it worth sending valuable assets for a one year rental? We're not beating GSW with him so what's the point?

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

Keep IT for the sixth man.

At the least, it will cost Smart, Brown, and our 2017 Brooklyn pick swap next year, and I'm fine with it if he would agree to a handshake deal to resign next summer.

We have the absolute perfect supporting cast for him in Bradley, Crowder, and Horford.

That'd give OKC a really strong core of Smart, Brown, Oladipo, Adams, and two probable lottery picks next year.

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Why bother? It wouldn't make us competitive with GSW and isn't worth the potential damage Westbrook could cause to our culture.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Why bother? It wouldn't make us competitive with GSW and isn't worth the potential damage Westbrook could cause to our culture.

A lineup of Westbrook, Bradley, Crowder, JJ, and HORFORD would certainly be competitive with GS.

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

A lineup of Westbrook, Bradley, Crowder, JJ, and HORFORD would certainly be competitive with GS.

I think you could replace Jerebko with Blake Griffin and GSW would still beat us nine times out of ten in a seven-game series.

Great words from a great man