Author Topic: Should We Keep Zeller or Sullinger?  (Read 1748 times)

Should We Keep Zeller or Sullinger?
« on: July 02, 2016, 03:23:48 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
what is the plan?

zeller is a great player who just need playing time
where do you see this guy, in any nba team?
i think zeller is a good fit for any offensive teams out there
in any team he goes for sure he will be a back-up C, but for the money he is worth it

while  Sullinger compiled averages of 15.7 points, 12.7 boards and 3.5 assists per contest on 43.5 percent shooting
 While Sullinger isn't a fantasy stud, he could be a nightly double-double threat in the right situation and may be worth a late-round flier in standard leagues depending on where he signs.
this guy is a keeper for me but if not
where do you see this guy playing?

Re: Should We Keep Zeller or Sullinger?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 04:20:12 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I  they are an afterthought plans. If the pitch for both Durant and Horford fails, I'm guessing that Celts will retain their services.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 04:42:40 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I like Sully as a bench player, wherefore I would consider resigning him.

Zeller can go. I would probably look into the possibility of signing Meyers Leonard, who IMO would be a significant upgrade compared to Zeller.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 04:50:22 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
No not until we have a legit front-court player. We do not need to overpay for backups that only USURP and inflate our regular season wins before carpetbagging.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:24:16 AM »

Offline dixielott02

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Get rid of both. Great characters but not what we need on the court. For the sheer amount of money that Sullly is going to command, his value for money is not worth it

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 06:27:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd rather let both of them leave but if I had to keep one, I would keep Sully.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would keep Zeller because he is ready anytime someone asks.   Sully, to be honest, was not always ready as a starter.   He ate himself out of shape, and to a foot injury.   He gained weight during the season.

I know folks here seems to think he would get paid.  But we see little about teams wanting him in free agency.   I think he will get paid but this ought to illustrate how little other teams have an opinion of him.

They are insurance, in case no one comes.

while  Sullinger compiled averages of 15.7 points, 12.7 boards and 3.5 assists per contest on 43.5 percent shooting

(AHEM)

These are his PER 36 Stats.   Which means they are a projection.   He did not compile them.

His real PPG was 10.3 PPG,    RPG was 8.3.   He could never play 36 minutes because he is poorly conditioned and overweight.  He is one of the worst guys to use Per36 minutes because he can't play them.  His max played was 27 Mpg.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sullija01.html

We do not even know if went back to the fat farm with Lucas this year.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 06:53:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
May have to seriously consider it .   

I'm sure once Horford goes to Atlanta or Hawks , Celtics still need bigs .  Even if they are fat and play no defense.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 06:55:29 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Neither will up their trade value which I would guess is next to nothing so ofcourse not. What would be the point?

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 07:25:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm sure once Horford goes to Atlanta or Hawks , Celtics still need bigs .  Even if they are fat and play no defense.

I 'd rather do a 1+1 on Zaza or Mahimni

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would keep Zeller because he is ready anytime someone asks.   Sully, to be honest, was not always ready as a starter.   He ate himself out of shape, and to a foot injury.   He gained weight during the season.

I know folks here seems to think he would get paid.  But we see little about teams wanting him in free agency.   I think he will get paid but this ought to illustrate how little other teams have an opinion of him.

(AHEM)

These are his PER 36 Stats.   Which means they are a projection.   He did not compile them.

His real PPG was 10.3 PPG,    RPG was 8.3.   He could never play 36 minutes because he is poorly conditioned and overweight.  He is one of the worst guys to use Per36 minutes because he can't play them.  His max played was 27 Mpg.

I'm not disputing anything you say here, but if by dream we get Horford and Durant IMO we want them surrounded by a solid rebounding big.  Sully can gobble up boards and guard the beefier players the way he did for Amir.  Even better we wouldn't have to rely on him to play 30 MPG in this revamped team.

Lastly his new salary say 15 mil per year might be needed later on to help match salaries in a trade for another star (like Boogie) if one becomes available.

I'm saying all this still being hesitant with his weight issues.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I  they are an afterthought plans. If the pitch for both Durant and Horford fails, I'm guessing that Celts will retain their services.

Sully has to command at least as much money as Mozgov got from LA.  That means he is gone.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

(AHEM)

Those are still really good stats for basically half a game.  Sully will get paid.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 08:27:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If only Horford signs, both could be retained but one will likely go. Don't know which because it would depend the money and contract length. Sully is obviously the better player but Zeller is in shape and Horford could take Sully's role while Zeller is retained because he is cheaper and won't hurt the salary cap number for 2017 off season. Toss up.

If Horford and Durant sign, then both players are toast.

If neither Horford or Durant are signed then they are both back.

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 08:29:07 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
tyler zeller 7million a year? 6million a year?

jared sullinger 10million a year? more than 10million?

which team offers that?