Author Topic: Do Cs even make playoffs next year....  (Read 5364 times)

Do Cs even make playoffs next year....
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:18:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
if we strike out in FA and don't add any pieces to this team, will the C's even make the playoffs next year?

I see all teams making serious roster improvements, even the BKN swap may be a toss up at this point because Nets are trying seriously to add pieces.

Cs in the playoffs is not a lock at this point.

Re: Do Cs even make playoffs next year....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:28:10 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
if we strike out in FA and don't add any pieces to this team, will the C's even make the playoffs next year?

I see all teams making serious roster improvements, even the BKN swap may be a toss up at this point because Nets are trying seriously to add pieces.

Cs in the playoffs is not a lock at this point.

Yes. 55 wins

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:29:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yes 50 wins

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yes. I don't see much eastern teams improving this year.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 02:31:04 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
COME ON! Are we for real now? The only eastern conference team that has made good moves so far is Indiana. Let's not overreact yet.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:33:49 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I remember these same exact threads from last year. The pessimism on here is unreal. I mean, we have a meeting with Kevin freaking Durant tomorrow and it's all doom and gloom. Just have patience and a little bit of faith in this team.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 02:34:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
COME ON! Are we for real now? The only eastern conference team that has made good moves so far is Indiana. Let's not overreact yet.

You don't think NYK has made a move for playoffs? Philly?

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 02:36:53 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I remember these same exact threads from last year. The pessimism on here is unreal. I mean, we have a meeting with Kevin freaking Durant tomorrow and it's all doom and gloom. Just have patience and a little bit of faith in this team.

I was an optimist about the playoffs last year. I even thought Cs would make a run in the playoffs. This FA period just sucks right now. It looks like Horford is playing us, and Durant is not coming if we do not have Horford.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 02:37:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The celts will have the top 6 players of a team that won two games in the first round last year. (Thomas, AB, Crowder, Smart, Amir, Jerebko) Plus a top 3 selection in this draft class.

I'd say there's little danger of missing the playoffs, but a step back is possible.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 02:40:08 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

You don't think NYK has made a move for playoffs? Philly?

New York is building a contender for the 2011 NBA finals. Philly is still a ways away.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 02:42:09 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I was an optimist about the playoffs last year. I even thought Cs would make a run in the playoffs. This FA period just sucks right now. It looks like Horford is playing us, and Durant is not coming if we do not have Horford.

I understand the frustration to an extent, but at least wait for all the big fish to make their decisions to lose hope.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:53 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'd rather miss the playoffs and add legit talent to this team for multiple championships. IMO this is the best time to get those young future star players we covet. And we won't have to draft players solely bc they are stashable and make moves that waste way too much value.

We have a team that is worth way more split up than it is together. IMO this is the best course of action for us because of the current market and trends in the League.

1 idea if we trade IT:Instead of signing a FA let's do what got us IT....Let's absorb Tyson Chandler's contract 4 either Brandon Knight(4 years) or Eric Bledsoe(3 years)and give them Amir's team option. Then we can trade that player for more value and keep Chandler on for the rookies or wait and come to a buy out later on.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 04:13:59 AM »

Offline adam.jones614

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'd rather miss the playoffs and add legit talent to this team for multiple championships. IMO this is the best time to get those young future star players we covet. And we won't have to draft players solely bc they are stashable and make moves that waste way too much value.

We have a team that is worth way more split up than it is together. IMO this is the best course of action for us because of the current market and trends in the League.

1 idea if we trade IT:Instead of signing a FA let's do what got us IT....Let's absorb Tyson Chandler's contract 4 either Brandon Knight(4 years) or Eric Bledsoe(3 years)and give them Amir's team option. Then we can trade that player for more value and keep Chandler on for the rookies or wait and come to a buy out later on.

That does you no good. we have a pick swap with brooklyn. This is the one year tanking really has no argument at all

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 04:39:05 AM »

• Ray Allen

I understand the frustration to an extent, but at least wait for all the big fish to make their decisions to lose hope.
If those "big fish" do not come here then don't you believe it would be pretty wasteful to keep our team together instead of trading for young talent.Maybe this is literally what Ainge said could happen and the market and outcomes did not fall in a certain way for us.I was all on board if we got Cousins/Durant or something, but if things don't pan out for us to move in a certain direction then we still have to move forward....just at a new angle.

This is a sincere question. I want to know what you believe. And maybe we take the team in a new direction but it moves us further along than we thought.

I may be overvaluing non-celtic players or undervalueing...idk with this FA period craziness and it being 4am.....these are just some examples:

1) IT and AB
Jabari and Henson and future 1st

2) Smart and 2017 BKN selection(our pick will be very low as well)
Okafor, 2017 Lakers pick(top3 protected), and 2017 Heat unprotected

3) Crowder, Lakers 2017 pick
D. Russell etc or maybe even Ingram(idk what they probably already have in the works for FA next season(Westbrook))

4) Amir etc
Zach Lavine and Pekovic

5) KO
Bruno Caboclo and future first

6)
Amir and JJ
Tyson Chandler and Eric Bledsoe

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »

• Ray Allen

That does you no good. we have a pick swap with brooklyn. This is the one year tanking really has no argument at all
I was thinking that we would convey a pick to them to satisfy the terms. We would have to give some of our other 2nd round picks this year/young prospects like Rozier or etc.

IDK if they do it. Maybe that would be our first move lol. They are desperate for picks/developing players. That would make things much easier.