Author Topic: ET Replacement  (Read 3335 times)

ET Replacement
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:32:22 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
What do you guys think of lance stephenson as an Evan turner replacement off the bench ?

Re: ET Replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:37:52 AM »

Offline mnshyn

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Forever Green
What do you guys think of lance stephenson as an Evan turner replacement off the bench ?

if Brad Stevens can multiply Evan Turner's value as much as he did, maybe he can do it with Lance also.  Couldn't hurt by the way free agency is going so far.

i'm guessing current plans are for either Smart or TRoz (or maybe Demetrius?) to take over the primary ball handling duties of the second unit... And maybe Brown can be our backup SF behind Crowder.
Play to win.  Always.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:38:42 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Point forward Kelly Olynyk :)

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:39:12 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
No. Smart takes full time ball handling duties off the bench. Jaylen is the new 2/3/4
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:00 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Brown / Smart
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:05 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Smart was hardly allowed on the floor without Turner last year heheh.  Maybe now it's be Brown
not allowed on the floor without Smart......with Smart not allowed on the floor without Rozier.

Solved it:  Rozier, Smart, Brown new triplets of belleville.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Imo Marcus smart needs to start with AB coming off the bench.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It has to be the year of James Young! Yeah everyone has been saying to give him time. The time is now - yes it's James' year, in year 3.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Brown is a 19 year old rookie he will be lucky to get on the court. Smart has a long way to go to replace Turner. Honestly right now we have taken a step back.

Also the idea of Smart starting over AB needs to stop that is flat out ridiculous!!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Point forward Kelly Olynyk

Because he is so good at guarding SF and wings?  Gimme a break....

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 10:33:16 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
smart is a better PG than AB. just sayin.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We all loved ET.. guy was fun, great in the locker room and had plenty of moments for our team but he was at his Absolute Ceiling with us.. He was/is a very Limited team offensive player.. 
Many of the bad shots that Smart took happened because of Turner (finally getting the ball to someone when he couldn't probe and find a shot)  ET doesn't get to the line because he is a mid-range jump shooter - and we all know that his 3 ball is pretty non existence.. 
For ET to thrive we had to play in a particular ET way.. Meaning ET shined but the offense as a whole looked bad... ( I don't know the numbers but you could always tell by watching that we were a worse offensive team when he was dominating the ball)

In order for this team to improve He had to be replaced. Someone from the bench has to step up..  Someone on this board said we will lose 8 games off our win Total because ET is gone.. I say if ET stayed and  none of the young players improved we would have been a worse team than last year..

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
You guys just don't get it Marcus is not a point--he does not have the instincts or sense of a point--Chris Paul understands the game and ball movement--Evan Turner understood ball movement better than our other guards----Brad saw this--Terry Rozier has shown a little potential as a PG---Marcus has shown zero understanding of what it takes to be a PG--we all understand this talent is not in Avery's DNA--well it is also not in Marcus's DNA--he can play---has value, but has shown nothing that should lead anyone to believe he will ever be a PG--the Tony Allen comparison is very much true as far as I have seen!  Marcus does not think, see or understand passing or running an offense--repetition is not enough.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
We all loved ET.. guy was fun, great in the locker room and had plenty of moments for our team but he was at his Absolute Ceiling with us.. He was/is a very Limited team offensive player.. 
Many of the bad shots that Smart took happened because of Turner (finally getting the ball to someone when he couldn't probe and find a shot)  ET doesn't get to the line because he is a mid-range jump shooter - and we all know that his 3 ball is pretty non existence.. 
For ET to thrive we had to play in a particular ET way.. Meaning ET shined but the offense as a whole looked bad... ( I don't know the numbers but you could always tell by watching that we were a worse offensive team when he was dominating the ball)

In order for this team to improve He had to be replaced. Someone from the bench has to step up..  Someone on this board said we will lose 8 games off our win Total because ET is gone.. I say if ET stayed and  none of the young players improved we would have been a worse team than last year..
Good points about turner. I loved watching him slither and shake his way to a mid range two pointer, the most inefficient shot in the nba. Each shot was a mini drama in itself. He was fun and under CBS he improved a lot.  But what his skill set gave to the team is not hard to replace. and I would argue that brown will be able to do so by mid season.

For the short term, rozier and maybe smart can fill in. Turner was used a lot not because he was a good player, rather, because the Celtics were not awash in talent.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

Offline Jarrin John

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 41
... Marcus does not think, see or understand passing or running an offense ...

Wow, a warg! Do you know Bran Stark?