Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 80007 times)

Re: Woj - Horford plans to make decision over weekend
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2016, 01:34:00 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Hate to say I told u so but I told u so ;D

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2016, 01:34:55 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So if Horford would tell us that he wants to go back to Atlanta, would you give up JJ and AJ to give them the cap space for Milsap? In this context needing space, he'd probably come pretty cheap for the cap space. Does any team have $21+M left that would be willing to take Milsap? I can't imagine Philly would and hinder Simmons' development. If we could trade for someone like Noel, then we could still entice Durant with an IT, Bradley, Durant, Milsap, and Noel lineup, and if he took a 1 + 1 we might legitimately have cap space to sign 3 max free agents next year with Milsap opting out, too.

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hate to say I told u so but I told u so ;D

Dude. Horford hasn't signed anywhere yet. Himmelsbach said we are a very legitimate possibility to sign him. What exactly did you tell us?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:28 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Worst case scenario we can just sell off the contributors, pump minutes into the young fellas and tank.  This upcoming draft is supposed to be epic.

Lar, we have a swap next year. Tanking would likely accomplish nothing.

I forgot this detail earlier today, too, and was lambasted for it. Tough crowd. I would still "tank," though, in the sense that I'd prefer to let our vet FAs walk and give a lot of minutes to the young guys this year. A year of development, looking ahead to the future, sounds like a much better use of our season than another first round exit while they lose another year of growth..
You may get your wish.  As of today, minus Turner, this is a lottery team.

That's debatable. I trust guys like Marcus and Jaylen will step up and replace some (if not all) that Turner was doing for us.
The biggest problem is they have no one outside of IT who can create his own shot, which means they're easily defensible.  Just focus on the 3 pt shooters and they won't be able to get shots off in the 4Q when teams really focus on getting stops.  Not enough fans understood Turner's value to the team.  Granted not an all star player, but what he provided was something no one currently on the roster can provide.  Go into next season with what we have now and fans will complain about  how much worse IT, Bradley and for that matter Crowder have suddenly become.

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2016, 01:50:33 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Worst case scenario we can just sell off the contributors, pump minutes into the young fellas and tank.  This upcoming draft is supposed to be epic.

I forgot this detail earlier today, too, and was lambasted for it. Tough crowd. I would still "tank," though, in the sense that I'd prefer to let our vet FAs walk and give a lot of minutes to the young guys this year. A year of development, looking ahead to the future, sounds like a much better use of our season than another first round exit while they lose another year of growth..

That's debatable. I trust guys like Marcus and Jaylen will step up and replace some (if not all) that Turner was doing for us.
The biggest problem is they have no one outside of IT who can create his own shot, which means they're easily defensible.  Just focus on the 3 pt shooters and they won't be able to get shots off in the 4Q when teams really focus on getting stops.  Not enough fans understood Turner's value to the team.  Granted not an all star player, but what he provided was something no one currently on the roster can provide.  Go into next season with what we have now and fans will complain about  how much worse IT, Bradley and for that matter Crowder have suddenly become.

We have 9 players under contract + Brown...

I mean, plenty if positions need to be filled still and some of those 9 players under contract are not guaranteed to remain as it is (Young)...

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2016, 01:54:17 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I pray Horford goes elsewhere. I have been afraid since FA began that Delusional Danny would turn the C's into the Atlanta Hawks (good enough to win a round but not good enough to win anything). I want the C's to tank their way to a lottery ticket until the ping pong balls go their way and they get a hall of fame player. That is the only way you win a title. Good players get you beat by hall of fame players.

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2016, 01:58:33 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I pray Horford goes elsewhere. I have been afraid since FA began that Delusional Danny would turn the C's into the Atlanta Hawks (good enough to win a round but not good enough to win anything). I want the C's to tank their way to a lottery ticket until the ping pong balls go their way and they get a hall of fame player. That is the only way you win a title. Good players get you beat by hall of fame players.

Do you realize the Nets are doing this for us? Jeez people, y'all should know this by now.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2016, 02:13:26 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Tanking doesnt do us any good...please people stop with the tanking thought because even if we dont add any significant Free agent this team will still make the playoff and get a top 5 pick because of the Nets.my head spins when fans think the world is ending if DA does mot get Horford/Durant

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2016, 02:42:56 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
The guy saying we should tank is a sixer or lakers fan lol.

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2016, 02:44:07 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The guy saying we should tank is a sixer or lakers fan lol.

OR a BKN fan so we don't snag their pick!!

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2016, 03:12:46 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Of course this probably is not a good news. He is either undecided or he is waiting Durant to make his mind... Hope we sign him because that would def be a step forward.

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2016, 03:17:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Screw Horford. Good luck scoring on Humphries and Jerebko you shmuck.

Jk, we love you.

Jk, we dont. You're unlovable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2016, 04:10:33 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Yea Turner will be missed big time I think...Smart is going to have to step up.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2016, 07:16:17 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
These next couple of hours are gonna be very stressful.

If anyone is a few years removed from taking SAT exams, you'll know this feeling. The morning when scores are released online, you (or at least I did) get so nervous, almost sick to the stomach, as you get online to log in and see the score you got. This is gonna be the same way.

I'm up till 4 AM playing on the PlayStation now lol. Which means I'll probably wake up around 11/12. By then we should have gotten some news. It'll be very scary checking my phone.

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2016, 07:21:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This will be a real test of the old argument of this blog about free agents not coming here vs. us never having the cash to sign them.   So far, we are getting meetings which are good but not signing folks which is bad.  It is early, but if the big fish don't bite, then are left with less little fish to pick from.