Author Topic: Woj - Horford Decision Expected Saturday Evening (ATL upping offer)  (Read 80030 times)

Re: Woj - Horford plans to make decision over weekend
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2016, 11:49:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If Millsap really is available, then forget Horford, let's get Millsap.

Let's do it. Paul Millsap hype train!!

All Defensive Second Team Paul Millsap.  8)

Though, I doubt Atlanta would want to do business with us they'd probably want to send Millsap out west.

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2016, 11:49:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How does Horford going back to Atlanta make any sense?  They have Millsap, Howard, and Bazemore in place.

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Worst case scenario we can just sell off the contributors, pump minutes into the young fellas and tank.  This upcoming draft is supposed to be epic.

At this point , with no star players of free agents wanting to,play in Boston.....that might be the best plan .

Hey dudes remember we have a pick SWAP with brooktown next year?   

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:14 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Worst case scenario we can just sell off the contributors, pump minutes into the young fellas and tank.  This upcoming draft is supposed to be epic.

At this point , with no star players of free agents wanting to,play in Boston.....that might be the best plan .

Hey dudes remember we have a pick SWAP with brooktown next year?

Yeah, really not the right year to tank

Great words from a great man

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hawks have yet to offer the full max to Al Horford, per sources. https://t.co/IOqlvTCE5U

Come ON dude! Just take our offer!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Lar, we have a swap next year. Tanking would likely accomplish nothing.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Stop getting your hopes up fellas, horford is not coming to Boston. If he was, we would of signed him tonight. That's a pretty heafty offer we gave him n he did not bite. His decision is made and its not Boston. Sorry to say that all your fears are true, Boston really can't bring in a top free agent. Durant is not coming either. I will guarantee that Al Horford signs with OKC. He's following Durant n Westbrook. I've been trying to tell u guys not to get your hopes up. We have to build through the draft. Only way to get guys here is to trap them here by trade (Ray Allen/Kevin Garnett) or draft them. I'm a little upset to. Its sucks we can't just sign Al Horford to a Max contract but players don't like Boston for some reason. Durant is gonna be the same way. Look, we don't have the superstar talent to attract Horford. He's already 30 n wants a ring. Durant's staying in OKC so Al don't wanna be the lone all star on the team. Yeah u got IT but that's it. If I were Horford, I'd choose OKC to. Durant n Westbrook outweigh IT. Sorry but its the sad truth.

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Seriously though, if the Hawks wanted Horford back enough to trade Paul Milsap, they would have just given him the [dang] five-year max in the first place so he never even takes these meetings. This guy is 34 in four years time: that fifth year is everything to him.

They signed Howard and Bazemore so quickly because they knew Horford wouldn't be back. It's all posturing.

OKC and Houston are the only real threats.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 11:52:58 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

I don't think that would happen.  Horford is looking for max.  He isnt going to sign 4 years with OKC to have Durant leave next year.  If they go together, both will be for more then 1 year... IMO
And here I thought we had the inside track. Really looking doubtful that Horford chooses us now.

I agree.   If Durrant returns to OKC ......he ll take Hordford with him...>>>this is what is going to happen .

Durrant an't leaving Westbrooke at the alter ......no way .....he is going back to OKC least ONE more year ...then leave for a bigger paycheck next year

We re screwed for free agents ......Maybe Sully will sign with Boston

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 11:53:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hawks fans really love Al Hoford, that they are willing to ship out Paul Millsap.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 11:53:58 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think Al has agreed to join Durant. The only question is whether it will be with us or in OKC.

Imagine how epic it would be to have them hold a joint press conference with IT to announce the new Big 3. It would instantly sell a ton of sneakers and jerseys, something that will not happen if they go to OKC (people already have their OKC Durant jerseys and sneakers).

If Hortford goes to okc, would you give a 2nd round pick for Kanter to help them clear cap room?

Give a second round pick? I would demand Russel Westbrook in exchange for taking on Kanter given that OKC can't sign Horford at all unless they dump Kanter.
[/quote

Yes because we're the only team that would trade with them for Kantner....

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not that I ever believed that either Durant or Horford, or both, were coming here, but let's say that Durant re-signs with OKC and takes Horford with him - does this not almost completely eliminate the possibility of Durant leaving the Thunder next year?  That team could very well win it all, and if that's the case, why would him or Westbrook choose to 'take their talents' ::) elsewhere?

I think it would first depend on how things go.....for OKC .    IF the result is worse than this year ,  then Durrant not only could go play for GS .....and still get a raise in salary ......this is his best option ....stay at OKC one more year .  GS is always waiting for him if the OKC plan falls though.

I think Westbrooke and KD have a deal between them to run it back again .  If it fails they split up .

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Don't want Kanter and his albatross contract.  He's signed all the way through the 2018-2019 season.  And hell no I'm not doing that to enable another team to get Horford instead of us!

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Not that I ever believed that either Durant or Horford, or both, were coming here, but let's say that Durant re-signs with OKC and takes Horford with him - does this not almost completely eliminate the possibility of Durant leaving the Thunder next year?  That team could very well win it all, and if that's the case, why would him or Westbrook choose to 'take their talents' ::) elsewhere?

I think it would first depend on how things go.....for OKC .    IF the result is worse than this year ,  then Durrant not only could go play for GS .....and still get a raise in salary ......this is his best option ....stay at OKC one more year .  GS is always waiting for him if the OKC plan falls though.

I think Westbrooke and KD have a deal between them to run it back again .  If it fails they split up .

Is it also possible for GSW to go 73-9, or still continue to win 60+ games again the following season with pretty much some core guys intact? Will that further influence Durant that he is not needed there?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 11:58:51 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
So the 4th team that Al met with was a "mystery team." Interesting.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers