Author Topic: Ian Thomsen Says Plan B is Cousins  (Read 6021 times)

Re: Ian Thomsen Says Plan B is Cousins
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 11:34:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Cousins is a million times better than Horford, but he is not free. I was hoping to sign one impact free agent since so many other teams seem to waltz right into them.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:21 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
The three players who would go furthest to solving nearly all of the Cs issues are Demarcus Cousins, Karl Anthony Towns and Anthony Davis. If they have any chance of adding Boogie, they should do it.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 07:08:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Sacramento having a bad offseason thus far. Look set for another bad season where they miss the playofs again. That situation is already near breaking point. Another season of no progress will likely push things past boiling point.

Very easy to see Sacramento trading Cousins in the next 12 months.

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 07:24:21 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I don't want Danny to trade Jaylen Brown or our future picks. You guys are in to much of a rush to win a championship right now when we are in good position to build a decade of contending. So what if it takes 3-4 years. What we gonna do when these players get to old n have no assets left ?

Its stupid to give up both Brooklyn picks for a team that's got a 3 year window. Be patient

Did Doc Brown just bring you here from 2007?

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 07:37:41 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
If A is Durant and Cousins, then I suspect plan B is sign Horford and pair him with Amir this year then go after Durant, Griffin, Noel or Ibaka next offseason. Cousins would be a volitile and dangerous plan C.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I was wondering why there hasn't been more Cousins talk. I'd trade A LOT for him. The only thing I'm not sure if is if Stevens can handle him. Stevens outside of fatty Sully has had players any coach would love to lead. I think the celts players made Stevens look great more than the other way around.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 08:31:05 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I was wondering why there hasn't been more Cousins talk. I'd trade A LOT for him. The only thing I'm not sure if is if Stevens can handle him. Stevens outside of fatty Sully has had players any coach would love to lead. I think the celts players made Stevens look great more than the other way around.

Are you including Rondo on the list of players any coach would love to lead?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 08:38:07 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't want Danny to trade Jaylen Brown or our future picks. You guys are in to much of a rush to win a championship right now when we are in good position to build a decade of contending. So what if it takes 3-4 years. What we gonna do when these players get to old n have no assets left ?

Its stupid to give up both Brooklyn picks for a team that's got a 3 year window. Be patient

Danny is on record as saying he not going to trade those picks for anything less than an All-Star in his 20's.  I wouldn't worry about them being tossed away for 3 year window.

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 08:48:40 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

What a load of crap.

Your saying Steven has looked good because a majority of the players DA traded for got better once they came here. And that was because they magically got better and has NOTHING to do with Stevens and the system he runs?

He helped Jordan Crowford become Eastern Conference Player of the Week, and playing well enough DA could get return for him in a trade.

The dude now plays in China. 

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 08:55:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Danny is on record as saying he not going to trade those picks for anything less than an All-Star in his 20's.  I wouldn't worry about them being tossed away for 3 year window.

Cousins is an All-NBA player in his mid-twenties. Works for me.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 08:56:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If losing out on Horford makes us more likely to make a hard push for Cousins, what makes Sacramento more likely to deal him? They haven't wanted to in the past and I'm not in favor of breaking up our core and trading Nets picks to get him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 09:05:37 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Our Plan B may be Cousins, but he's not available. 

DMC is a young superstar, Sacramento will do all possible to build around him. I see the Kings trading draft picks to get back Malone before they trade DMC. It's not like he's not performing on the court. We would have to pay a ridiculous amount to get them to even hear us out. We need to keep in mind that we are trying to add a superstar to our core, not gut our core to get a superstar

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2016, 09:18:01 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
If we can somehow trade Bradley, Crowder, olynyk, the next 2 brk picks and some other picks while keeping smart, brown, IT to get cousins, you gotta do it.
#JKJB

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm honestly not sure if I would prefer Durant over Cousins - that's a tough call.

Cousins is every bit as talented as Durant is, and every bit as dominant...given the choice I might go for Cousins given that he's on a bargain of a contract for a number of years, and he is at a position of dire need.

Some truth here, though it will cost quite a bit to get Cousins--if they are willing to trade him.
I don't hold out much chance for Horford-Durant. Not unless OKC can't clear cap space. They are desperate to unload Kanter. Also, Durant might surprise and go to Oakland.

Another option is Noel-Okafor. With no Dunn, I don't know how that would work.

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Our Plan B may be Cousins, but he's not available. 

DMC is a young superstar, Sacramento will do all possible to build around him. I see the Kings trading draft picks to get back Malone before they trade DMC. It's not like he's not performing on the court. We would have to pay a ridiculous amount to get them to even hear us out. We need to keep in mind that we are trying to add a superstar to our core, not gut our core to get a superstar

Obviously there becomes a point when the cost is prohibitive, but there really isn't a core without a superstar if we're not contending, you know? Danny's pretty adamant that they're not trying to win a low-50s amount of games and maybe get to the second round.

We want to get to offseasons like Indy where they're not particularly close, but they're able to supplement a player like Paul George with good, low cost free agents and fortuitous trades.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.