Author Topic: Can we pitch Durant with Horford + pending blockbuster trade like Scal suggests?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
if we land Horford and Durant then there is no need for Butler because it will become the same scenario with the Warriors. There will be not enough shots around.

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I did some quick math and I don't see why we couldn't make Butler, Durant and Horford work. We'd have to gut our bench but that should be a consideration when building around someone like Durant.

Once we renounce all of our RFAs and decline the options on JJ and Amir we'll have $60,028,372 in cap space.

We trade KO, Rozier and James Young, along with whatever picks necessary wants for Butler. The deal doesn't matter as long as those salaries go out, or similar.

At that point we'd be $500 shy of 2 maximum contracts. I can't imagine that would be a sticking point for either Horford or Durant if they want to sign here.

The problem isn't making the $ work so much as keeping our defensive core in tact while acquiring Butler. The Bulls will want Crowder and/or AB in the deal.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If we land Horford tonight, which is already a longshot considering he is going to take more meetings...

But if we do so, could we pitch Durant tomorrow to come to Boston to join IT, Horford and tell him we have a pending trade to acquire for example a Jimmy Butler. Is this realistic and can we make the salaries work?

Something like BKN 17/18 + BOS 18 + MEM 19 + either Bradley, Smart or Crowder + Amir to make the salaries work FOR Jimmy Butler.

e.g:
IT
Butler
Durant
Crowder
Horford

One more question, can we trade the BKN or BOS '17 pick? I guess so?

we do not have both the BOS and BKN 17th we have only one of them. Our right to the BKN 17 pick is a right to swap. We do not get their pick and keep ours.

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!

we do not have both the BOS and BKN 17th we have only one of them. Our right to the BKN 17 pick is a right to swap. We do not get their pick and keep ours.

Of course I know that, but what I ment, Can we for example trade our '17 pick to the Chicago Bulls and they get to swap with Brooklyn as well? I guess so? Does the swap travel with our pick if we trade it?

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yes

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Jimmy Butler = 17 million
Jonas Jerebko and Amir Johnson = 17 million
Jonas Jerebko and Amir Johnson = both have team options

I don't think we have to worry about the cap making sense.