Author Topic: Danny needs a new nickname  (Read 2001 times)

Re: Danny needs a new nickname
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think Ainge is not a tightwad.  he is doing what is best for the celtics.  He'll spend if it's on the right guys.

I think Ainge knows exactly what he is doing and makes perfect sense.  Not always. He has to research things just like any human but that's where he makes sense. He doesn't just jump on things.

He  learns as he goes etc.  But his vision is clear.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm tired of talking about it really.  Have been for years.  Ainge knows what he's doing. I'm not worried about it.  I'd rather just watch the games and not worry about this other crap. What's more concerning is all the other stuff lol.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:59:57 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm tired of talking about it really.  Have been for years.  Ainge knows what he's doing. I'm not worried about it.  I'd rather just watch the games and not worry about this other crap. What's more concerning is all the other stuff lol.

I'm with ya. You'd think this board would know better by now with Ainge. He's smart & plans it out. This is a darn good GM. We're lucky

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 07:00:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It takes time to build something is all and build a championship.  Danny is doing the right things along the way for the most part.

It's a weird world we live in when people spend their lives talking about other peoples lives and this is a living?

Go Celtics.  I honestly more just enjoy the game itself and the actually play.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 07:05:17 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
How about " The Fisherman" because he keeps throwing the line into the ocean hoping to catch a big fish like Ray and KG. Also, he has a love affair with "Nets" and is bound to hook some stars either this year or next.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
DA has got be sweating just a bit in these meetings. These are big.  If he can't land these guys his plan isn't really working as advertised.

I like building through the draft though. I'm patient but the whole purpose was to do both and draft and build a winning atmosphere to attract these guys.

Otherwise we just keep building in other ways.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Ainge really is set up for 2 max signings this year OR again good draft picks next year and still $ to spend on free agents.   I think we all get overzealous with who we want here.  Let's think to getting Isaiah, crowder and even zeller!!  None of those moves were anything anyone got excited about BUT look at how these guys play together.  As long as Danny keeps Brad in the fold (his best move) very good things will be happening. 
Nickname....the planner, balls of steel, the Mormon who robbed Brooklyn

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 08:26:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

If he signs Horford and Durant. I'll get Dan the man tattooed. On my Face!
We all demand pix.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I'll go with the wuss if he continues to please Stevens with these bs moves. Turner took the ball OUT of smart's hands. 2 years later were NOW going to see if he can handle point guard duties? What was the point of turner being here running point? Why are we playing jerebko so much? Why not rozier anything but garbage minutes until we needed a body? Why play Sully instead of Olynyk??? I'm so freakung frustrated with this coach and Danny allowing this crap to continue. It's waaaay past time to play the young guys. We are so far beyond contending for anything and now we're interested in loul Deng????? Why??!!!! Where will that get us?! Do we want to win a title of pad Stevens resume? I'm so sick of this. Turner hurt smart's development and Sully hurt Olynyk's. Build these guys up because they can a. Fusllh increase their value. Play the young guys !!! Enough!!!!
Have you considered counseling?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 08:29:51 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Chipotle Danny

Chipotle? I'm missing something wheres that come from?

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 08:34:30 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
“There have been weeks,” (Celtics assistant general manager Mike) Zarren says, “where we have eaten lunch there seven straight days.” Ainge will sometimes follow up a Chipotle lunch five or six hours later with dinner at the same Chipotle. “I have to admit, there are days I eat there twice,” Ainge says. “I just like Chipotle.” Ainge’s devotion hasn’t wavered amid breakouts of E.Coli and norovirus linked to Chipotle restaurants, including one Boston-area location. “The lines are shorter now,” Ainge says, chuckling. “Listen, I’m guessing a lot of chains like this have these kinds of issues. I haven’t changed my routine at all. Maybe if I get sick, I will.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/01/danny-ainges-obsession-with-chipotle-detailed-in-espn-feature/