Author Topic: Danny needs a new nickname  (Read 1990 times)

Danny needs a new nickname
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
If he signs a couple guys.  He's no longer "Trader Danny!" lol.  He's "Big Spender" Danny!   We are looking like the Red Sox suddenly. Hopefully these moves work out better than some of the Sox's big free agent signings.

For some reason I think they might.  The Celtics have never been big free agent spenders. If we do it it's something new.

Re: Danny needs a new nickname
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Chipotle Danny

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Chipotle is a place I go though.  I like Moe's better but good affordable food.   Danny is smart though. I know this is out of his norm.  I kind of agree he should just do it though.

He's going to drive me, you and everyone else nuts with how perfectly reasonable every scenario has to be.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:05:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cheapskate

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 06:11:02 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Danny really needs to not hold back any punches here.  We get Horford it means we can possibly sway Durant. Horford goes elsewhere, or even teams up with Durant in OKC it's no good.

Horford is really the key to this  whole thing.  Trying to offer him any less is risky  It's at 4 years right now because we might not want to lock ourselves into longer if Durant doesn't come. 

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:12:43 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Danny really needs to not hold back any punches here.  We get Horford it means we can possibly sway Durant. Horford goes elsewhere, or even teams up with Durant in OKC it's no good.

Horford is really the key to this  whole thing.  Trying to offer him any less is risky  It's at 4 years right now because we might not want to lock ourselves into longer if Durant doesn't come.

It's at 4 years because that's the maximum we can do. Danny's giving him the max. I wouldn't be worried about Danny trying to play hardball. It's up to horford to help us out.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If he signs Horford and Durant. I'll get Dan the man tattooed. On my Face!

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

It's at 4 years because that's the maximum we can do. Danny's giving him the max. I wouldn't be worried about Danny trying to play hardball. It's up to horford to help us out.

My bad.  I forget the nba is on a scale like that.  I used to know this.  DA is perfectly reasonable per usual then.  I need to stop listening to other people.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
"The Snake"

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Chipotle is a place I go though.  I like Moe's better but good affordable food.   Danny is smart though. I know this is out of his norm.  I kind of agree he should just do it though.

He's going to drive me, you and everyone else nuts with how perfectly reasonable every scenario has to be.

Chipotle>>>>>>>Moe's>Qdoba

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Chipotle>>>>>>>Moe's>Qdoba

I don't know man.  Moe's is really good.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'll go with the wuss if he continues to please Stevens with these bs moves. Turner took the ball OUT of smart's hands. 2 years later were NOW going to see if he can handle point guard duties? What was the point of turner being here running point? Why are we playing jerebko so much? Why not rozier anything but garbage minutes until we needed a body? Why play Sully instead of Olynyk??? I'm so freakung frustrated with this coach and Danny allowing this crap to continue. It's waaaay past time to play the young guys. We are so far beyond contending for anything and now we're interested in loul Deng????? Why??!!!! Where will that get us?! Do we want to win a title of pad Stevens resume? I'm so sick of this. Turner hurt smart's development and Sully hurt Olynyk's. Build these guys up because they can a. Fusllh increase their value. Play the young guys !!! Enough!!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
People are right saying it's not really his choice though.  We can't dictate what players and the market do  so much in that regard.  Turner was here because Smart was developing in other ways. He still played 30 mpg.   We are trying to win games and increase our value as a franchise so we can attract potential free agents and develop our own core the right way.  Danny is actually right.  I've never been a tanker.

Danny has tried to develop our team a different way so we can attract these players.  He is right. What he does actually takes balls and reasonable thinking.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 06:38:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
If he signs a couple guys.  He's no longer "Trader Danny!" lol.  He's "Big Spender" Danny!   We are looking like the Red Sox suddenly. Hopefully these moves work out better than some of the Sox's big free agent signings.

For some reason I think they might.  The Celtics have never been big free agent spenders. If we do it it's something new.

Thing about Sox mistakes is that they never matter.  A year or 2 later they just spend their way out.  Diasuke, Lugo, Renteria, Gonzalez, Crawford, Panda, Hanley, Price.  Doesn't matter.  Sox are the Lakers of MLB --  they get better soon no matter what.

Unfortunately, one big C's mistake could make a huge difference.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 06:41:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Cheapskate

LOL TP, I was thinking "Ebenezer Ainge" or "Tightwad" but if it goes bad could be "Always Next Year"