Author Topic: If We Miraculously Sign Horford+Durant... Who Is Our Center?  (Read 3273 times)

Re: If We Miraculously Sign Horford+Durant... Who Is Our Center?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If we have Horford and Durant and don't have to give up any of our core???
Who cares? Amir if he isn't gone due to money.  Kelly.

We'd be putting out quite the lineup :
Isiah (maybe)
Bradley
Durant
Horford
Kelly or Amir

Leaving a scary good bench. Kelly/Amir, crowder, smart, rozier, brown, JJ?, Mickey
If I forgot someone forgive me, on vacation!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We won't have Amir or JJ if we get those two - their non-guaranteed contracts will be waived to make the room for them.

I still say we trade Brown for Noel if we get these two. Brown won't develop behind KD and Crowder, and Noel would be a perfect guy to put next to Horford. Horrors stretches the floor enough to play the 4 offensively, and Noel is quick and athletic enough to guard quicker fours out on the perimeter. Either way, you'd always have a rim protector in the paint wo those two, which is excellent.

It would also highly strengthen our bench - Rozier, Smart, Crowder, Mickey, KO, not to mention the rooks.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I would think we would put KD at the four and Horford at the five.

Or we could sign dwight (who apparenrly wants $24m per) and durant, then swing Atlanta a trade for Horford.

Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Horford, Howard.

To sat that lineup would be a contender is a major, major understatement.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 05:54:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Horford is the center. You play Durant and Crowder at the 3/4 and have Crowder always pick up the toughest player on defense between the opponents 3/4 and let Durant concentrate on offense.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Brad uses the term bigs and doesn't refer to them as centers or PF's and in today's game it makes sense.  I think when this team builds a true contender it will be with bigs that can be both.  Horford/Olynyk would be near perfect with I.T., Smart and Durant.  I wish teams luck defending that line up with the tremendous spacing and attackers like Durant and I.T..  They should be very solid defensively as well especially on the perimeter where it is becoming increasingly more valuable.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
In this scenario I'd Say: "who cares! we signed Durant!"
Ha, ha. Best post of the thread. Tp is on its way.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Who cares

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 06:23:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
To paraphrase Bobby Knight, so play Durant at center.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Offline SCBirdman

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
Thomas
Bradley
Crowder
Durant
Horford

Those are starters. I would trade Smart for Noel / Okafor or do a sign and trade for Mihnmi.

Rozier
Young/ Hunter
Brown
Mickey
Noel/ Okafor

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Mickey will get more minutes but definitely off the bench.

We won't have any cap space left and Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger and Amir Johnson would likely leave as well.

Is there a cheap center available using the exceptions we have?

Marcus Smart.  and i am fine with that.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Horford is a center. There is still the question of backup center.

If I did the math correctly, we will not have space to retain either JJ or Amir if we sign Horford and Durant. That would leave us the MLE, as well as the vet minimum. However, Olynyk could probably play some minutes at center (with either Crowder, KD or Brown at PF), so it would not be a pressing need, and a MLE-level guy would be fine. For example, Zeller would make sense. The best possible scenario, of course, would be a trade for Noel.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 10:22:10 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

If I did the math correctly, we will not have space to retain either JJ or Amir if we sign Horford and Durant. That would leave us the MLE, as well as the vet minimum. However, Olynyk could probably play some minutes at center (with either Crowder, KD or Brown at PF), so it would not be a pressing need, and a MLE-level guy would be fine. For example, Zeller would make sense. The best possible scenario, of course, would be a trade for Noel.

If you originally had cap space, I dont' think you get the MLE to go above the salary cap anymore. You still get unlimited vet's minimums though.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
- LilRip

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

If you originally had cap space, I dont' think you get the MLE to go above the salary cap anymore. You still get unlimited vet's minimums though.

You only get the Room-Exception and the vet minimums.  You don't get the other exceptions.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 10:38:59 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

You only get the Room-Exception and the vet minimums.  You don't get the other exceptions.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. The room-exception is $2.725m, which may or may not be enough to get someone better than Mickey or Zizic.