Author Topic: Celtics interested in bringing back Mr. Kardashian  (Read 1762 times)

Re: Celtics interested in bringing back Mr. Kardashian
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 04:22:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I mean rolling with the young guys is great, till they can't hack it. Nothing wrong with groundwork to fill out the roster with another veteran if Sully is out the door.

I just see as Kris as a known quantity. If the Celts arent contending, I'd rather use the open roster spots to try out guys, whether they're unproven youngsters or underappreciated vets, to see if the Celts can uncover a piece with some value beyond this season.

Im not worried about a lack of veteran leadership or whatever, so I dont see any value with filling out the bench that way.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I mean rolling with the young guys is great, till they can't hack it. Nothing wrong with groundwork to fill out the roster with another veteran if Sully is out the door.

I just see as Kris as a known quantity. If the Celts arent contending, I'd rather use the open roster spots to try out guys, whether they're unproven youngsters or underappreciated vets, to see if the Celts can uncover a piece with some value beyond this season.

Im not worried about a lack of veteran leadership or whatever, so I dont see any value with filling out the bench that way.

Pho, I'm with you.. at some point Stevens needs to give the youth a shot. Humphries does nothing for us.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 04:24:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I don't like that roster philosophy. Better to have a mix of veterans and youth most of the time. Especially since even if the C's don't "contend" we aren't going to be a lottery team.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Could just be that Stevens really likes him and we're bringing him back on the 1+1 Amir Johnson special.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Based on the track record I think the Celts agree with you, Faf, it's just not how I look at things at all. I don't see the point in curating the margins of a team destined to go for a win total in the forties and lose in the first round for third year in a row.

But hey, maybe the interest in Hump is in case we do sign a difference maker or two. In that case, having veteran depth would be useful.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 04:28:50 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Probably a cheap deal especially if we let Z and Sully walk. Better be taking the lowest amount possible.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
If we are filling out the roster after Durant and Horford I really like this. Solid rebounding presence, has range and knows us

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Humphries is a helluva good ballplayer.  5th priority...wait a couple of weeks.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 05:22:29 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Why?

Just give the minutes to Jerebko and Mickey.

Exactly. And Yabasule, for that matter.

Blowing $10-15 million on Humphries is the sort of move that would p--- me off.

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
If we are filling out the roster after Durant and Horford I really like this. Solid rebounding presence, has range and knows us

Yeah this would make sense.

If we are contending, we need experience, toughness, and rebounding off the bench.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Based on the track record I think the Celts agree with you, Faf, it's just not how I look at things at all. I don't see the point in curating the margins of a team destined to go for a win total in the forties and lose in the first round for third year in a row.

But hey, maybe the interest in Hump is in case we do sign a difference maker or two. In that case, having veteran depth would be useful.

I think you are taking a longer term view of things than Danny.

Adding a veteran who can guard 4/5 and hit three's will help us become a team destined for a win total in the low 50's.  Trying out rookies is likely to result in more losses next year. 

Make the rookies earn their salt, I say.  If Mickey is legit, he should be able to outplay Hump in practice and find a role for himself.