Author Topic: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford  (Read 32325 times)

Re: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2016, 07:39:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I am not sure if I even want Horford. His best days are behind him. He is slowing down. I am worried about how well guys like Horford age (6-9 undersized center). Horford is still very good right now and probably will be for another year or two. But beyond that?

I don't know.

Seems like his game could age well á la Pierce (not much reliance on athleticism), but I understand the concern. Still, he probably moves the needle some.

Horford doesn't rely on his athleticism on offense but he relies a lot on his athleticism on defense & on the boards in order to overcome his size disadvantage.

I am confident his offensive game will age well because skilled high post big men age well on that end of court. Similar to how KG did here in Boston recently.

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
When the heck is this meeting? Sure has been quiet from the C's front all day.

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Sounds like the Hawks have bought themselves a clown, so this Horford deal is going to happen.

Now, we can trade for a 5, sign Deng, all sorts of fun possibilities.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Serious question: Do these meetings include PowerPoint presentations? Video? I kinda need to bleeping know if my life is going to be consumed by them.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Tomorrow is the big day.  Nothing to see here today.  Horford and Durant are going to sign with us or elsewhere I feel. We might still be able to snag Horford without Durant.  But i bet we interview them both together and try to get them both to sign.

« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2016, 07:49:48 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Serious question: Do these meetings include PowerPoint presentations? Video? I kinda need to bleeping know if my life is going to be consumed by them.

I think it takes all different shapes. I've heard of fake highlight videos, etc. I'm trying hard not to make an inappropriate joke so I shall stop the conjecture here my friend.

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Hope meeting includes champagne. I would imagine each team adapts their pitch based on player personality.

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Incarceratedbob says horford news is about to break

Incarcerated bob is literally the worst 'source' on the planet. He make his name on BS rumors that are not true 99% of the time. When he hits one he can say "SEE I TOLD YOU"

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Hope meeting includes champagne. I would imagine each team adapts their pitch based on player personality.

Maybe we will drunk FaceTime Kevin in the Hamptons.

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Apparently the Whiteside meeting with the Mavs involved an animated video.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

Mavs pitch to Whiteside included an animated video....

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/748861583447629824

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Mavs pitch to Whiteside included an animated video....

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/748861583447629824

Maybe this is why we are whiffing. Imagine if it had nothing to do with bball and everything to do with computer graphics? Like... we saved 200 bucks on a CGI guy who made made Horford look to be swimming really fast rather than walking on water.

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2016, 08:02:58 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
My bad.  We are meeting with Horford today. Are we now meeting with both him and Durant tomorrow?

It's a little concerning that we didn't sign Horford today if that is the case.  He might be waiting to see what Durant is going to do.

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2016, 08:05:21 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
My bad.  We are meeting with Horford today. Are we now meeting with both him and Durant tomorrow?

It's a little concerning that we didn't sign Horford today if that is the case.  He might be waiting to see what Durant is going to do.

They're meeting tonight. Then they're flying over to NY
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

They're meeting tonight. Then they're flying over to NY

They're apparently meeting at this very moment.