Author Topic: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford  (Read 32242 times)

Re: Celtics to offer 4 years 113 million to Horford
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2016, 06:26:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's not a max player...

True, but the plan is to use Horford to lure KD.

If it works, great. We've got Batman and Robin. If it does not work, we've got Robin trying to be Batman. It might not be pretty.

I have a hard time picturing Horford putting up empty numbers trying to be a me-first iso superstar-type guy.  He's a team player, that's one of his best qualities.  He'll fit in with or without a clear #1 guy.  It's the health and rebounding that are the bigger concerns to me.

I agree, but when we spend this kind of money, people will expect him to be Batman unless we pair him with Durant. I love the Durant and Horford combo, and think it makes us instant contenders. But if Durant is out, I definitely want Howard over Horford.

Outside of casual fans I don't think many people will be expecting Horford to be Batman out there.  I'm positive Danny and Brad won't expect or want it, which is all that really matters.

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 06:27:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
He's not a max player...

If it works, great. We've got Batman and Robin. If it does not work, we've got Robin trying to be Batman. It might not be pretty.

I have a hard time picturing Horford putting up empty numbers trying to be a me-first iso superstar-type guy.  He's a team player, that's one of his best qualities.  He'll fit in with or without a clear #1 guy.  It's the health and rebounding that are the bigger concerns to me.

I agree, but when we spend this kind of money, people will expect him to be Batman unless we pair him with Durant. I love the Durant and Horford combo, and think it makes us instant contenders. But if Durant is out, I definitely want Howard over and Horford.

There, fixed that for ya  ;) You get two of the most devastating twin tower front court players in the league.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 06:28:25 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Fingers crossed for Horford.
Sully and ET out
Brown and big Al in.
I like it. More upside, more flair.
Lets make it happen and then have a good productive talk with KD.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
He's not a max player...

I agree, but when we spend this kind of money, people will expect him to be Batman unless we pair him with Durant. I love the Durant and Horford combo, and think it makes us instant contenders. But if Durant is out, I definitely want Howard over and Horford.

There, fixed that for ya  ;) You get two of the most devastating twin tower front court players in the league.

Well, then it's not Batman and Robin, it's Superman and uhhh -- Lois Lane?

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Jae Crowder will also be a part of the Celtics' meeting with Al Horford tonight, league source says.
-Himmelsbach
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2016, 06:49:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I started another thread about this, but Al Horford is truly terrible rebounder.  His defensive rebounding rate is 144th among all NBA players:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/defReboundRate/page/3/qualified/false

Who can play alongside him to compensate?  Certainly not Sullinger or Amir.  We'd be slow as molasses.

Already explained. 7 boards per game is fine for a stretch big man. It's a team rebounding game now. Smart, Crowder, Brown, Bradley, Kelly,Amir, heck even Rozier is a great rebounder. Zizic is a fantastic rebounder if he's coming here now

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Horford added the three to his arsenal last year, which is why he was away from the rim more than in the past, which is why his volume of rebounds declined (he also defended stretch fours, unlike in the past). Horford is still a good rebounder, but nobody gets many rebounds when they are at considerable distance from the rim.

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2016, 07:11:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Incarceratedbob says horford news is about to break
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2016, 07:12:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Who's he?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
^^^Glad to see some people accepting this concept.  It is a big part of the reason much of this fan base has been down on Olynyk.  He is vastly underrated and his advanced stats are no fluke.   What he and other stretch bigs like him do provides more on court value than the minimal loss in rebounding and rim protection.

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan

IM GONNA STAY UP FOR DIS THEN!!!!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Horford is so slow and overrated. He's rapidly declining and was awful in the playoffs. Terrible

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Incarceratedbob is a guy on twitter who is connected through a lot of gambling rings.  He does often scoop real reporters
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Does anyone know what time the meeting is taking place?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

He's saying he's heard Horford's name connected to the Celtics today.