Author Topic: Chandler Parsons agrees to 4-year, $94M max deal with Memphis Grizzlies  (Read 1861 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Free agent Chandler Parsons is nearing agreement on a four-year, $94M max deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources tell @TheVertical.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:29:10 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: Chandler Parsons near agreement with Memphis Grizzlies
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:17:17 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Whoa. Was not expecting this.

Not great for us I think. Portland likely shifts full attention to Dwight. If they get Dwight, Atlanta will give horford that 5 year max. We end up with neither.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Ugh. Wanted that 2019 pick to be top 1.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Ugh. Wanted that 2019 pick to be top 1.
its top 8 protected so id say this is decent news.

Parsons has a pretty bad injury history and that team looked real old this year.

in 2 years they could look substantially older. Especially if the injury bug bites any of them again.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
This is excellent news for our Durant pursuit. If they retain Conley alongside adding Parsons, that adds just one more semi-contender to the West. The East is going to be wide open for Durant.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Great decision for him. They have a clear need at SF and they still have a competitive core. Watch out for the Grizz next year!

Also good for the Mem pick I think. 2019 is the earliest we'll get it by which time this team will have a closing window. So either a late lottery pick or it'll roll over to 2021when it's unprotected

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Parsons represents the first significant free agent to ever choose the Grizzlies. Deal was done in meeting with Parsons and agent Dan Fegan.

Whatever that means.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Since Mike Conley co-chaired Memphis' Chandler Parsons recruiting along with J.B. Bickerstaff, you can safely assume Conley is staying there

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't like the contract but I like the marriage between player and team.

Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Chandler Parsons. All unselfish players. All strong passers. All good shooters. Conley and Parsons plus ball-handlers. That is a good foundation to an attractive offensive team.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Chandler Parsons. All unselfish players. All strong passers. All good shooters. Conley and Parsons plus ball-handlers. That is a good foundation to an attractive offensive team.

I know a lot depends on KD, but do they fight for home court advantage in the West?

Online Who

• James Naismith

I know a lot depends on KD, but do they fight for home court advantage in the West?

Nah. Parsons ain't that good.

But they should be fun to watch.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
You get a max contract, you get a max contract, and you get a max contract. EVERYBODY GETS A MAX CONTRACT!  8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Nah. Parsons ain't that good.

But they should be fun to watch.
They definitely do. Last year was littered with injuries. They will certainly be competing for 4th with the Clippers and Trail Blazers. This is assuming Durant chooses OKC. If he doesn't then its even more likely

Online Who

• James Naismith
Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers

I can't see Memphis breaking into that group. They are a clear level below those teams.

I think Memphis will be fighting Utah, Houston and Portland for the #5-#8 seeds.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
Warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers

I can't see Memphis breaking into that group. They are a clear level below those teams.

I think Memphis will be fighting Utah, Houston and Portland for the #5-#8 seeds.
I think the Clippers are in a tier below with Mem and Portland. They have no way to improve, very thin