Author Topic: Celtics interested in signing Deng  (Read 1764 times)

Re: Celtics interested in signing Deng
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'd much rather tank than sign Deng or Kris Humphries. This is ridiculous. Tank for 2017.
that is whats really ridiculous.

Where do you expect to finish in the East? As of today, NYK and Indy just passed us by. I wouldn't expect better than the 5 seed and another first round exit... so I'd rather tank for a star studded class. Sorry - I just don't like to suck. You apparently don't mind. Different strokes.
Tanking next year makes no sense. The Cs have a pick switch with Brooklyn in 2017. The worse the Celtics are next year the better the draft pick Brooklyn gets to try to improve their team after that and that will hurt our 2018 Nets pick.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd much rather tank than sign Deng or Kris Humphries. This is ridiculous. Tank for 2017.
that is whats really ridiculous.

Where do you expect to finish in the East? As of today, NYK and Indy just passed us by. I wouldn't expect better than the 5 seed and another first round exit... so I'd rather tank for a star studded class. Sorry - I just don't like to suck. You apparently don't mind. Different strokes.
We do not own brooklyn's '17 1st round pick. We own a right to swap with them. this means that in order for tanking to give us any value whatsoever, we need to become worse than the Brooklyn Nets.

Also, by becoming worse than the Brooklyn Nets we sacrifice what many would consider our greatest assets which is that pick swap.

I do not think that Danny can make us worse than the Brooklyn Nets this year without losing value on all of the players we have.

usually a team tanks rather than shoot for the 5 seed because the difference in talent available at pick 5 is exponentially different than that available at pick 23. With the Nets swap tanking is highly unlikely to even help our draft position at all.
TP.

This year is unique in that tanking is unlikely to help us at all. I mean even if we tank, i dont anticipate us being worse than Brooklyn, and even if we are, we are sacrificing a great assets and probably losing value on our players in a rushed tank job.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
For the love of geezus. Some of you need to wake up. Tank?

Put the glass of milk and cookies down. Add talent anyway you can. It's professional sports. Players get paid.
It's not about how much you spend it's about spending money on legit talent