Author Topic: Some updates from the Herald, including Horford meeting  (Read 3735 times)

Some updates from the Herald, including Horford meeting
« on: July 01, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Some updates from the Herald, including Horford meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline ABOS (A bit of Sanity)

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
This line gave me a good laugh and is very true imo

"One coach who spoke with the Herald today sees a natural fit."

“Oh, he’d be perfect there,” he said. “Look at what they were trying to do with [Jared] Sullinger, and now put a guy in that spot who can make the shots. That would change their offense big-time

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sign him up.  Even without Durant he's going to be a huge addition for our team.  Knows how to play, great leadership, solid defensively, and can hit the three.  He's perfect for Brad's system.

Then have him join us for the meeting with Durant.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Sign him up.  Even without Durant he's going to be a huge addition for our team.  Knows how to play, great leadership, solid defensively, and can hit the three.  He's perfect for Brad's system.

completely agree.

The news that OKC is making a last ditch attempt to get Horford has me convinced that this decision is less in the bag than its made out to be. It also has me convinced that Horford is a bigger factor than Id originally thought.

Even without KD he'd fit in seemlessly and Id imagine hed vault us over 50 wins.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »

• Joe Mazzulla

Good point, if they can wrap up up a deal tonight why not have Horford go along with DA and co. too the meeting with KD tomorrow. Horford would certainly help the pitch and explain why he chose Boston.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm getting my hopes up too much. I REALLY want Al.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I'm good with it. Horford would definitely move the scoring needle, and the defense needle as well.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
WHy is the meeting tonight, though?  Why didn't we have this meeting this morning. 

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
There is a lot of talk about getting Horford to pair with Durant.  But Durant is staying in OKC in all likelihood so without Durant, why would Horford want to come to Boston?

OK, so he would be an upgrade over Sullinger, at least until he suffer another major injury, but that is not saying much.  I am not sure Horford makes sense for us.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Yep, try and wrap him up tonight. That gives you much more flexibility and bargaining power when it comes to Durant. It also ensures that OKC can't get him.

With what IT was saying about him, I expect us to have a new big guy later tonight.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yep. With or without Durant, it'll be a huge blow to not get Horford now. In everything from playing style to character he is a perfect fit.

I also think our KD pitch is much more enticing if we already have Horford on board.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 02:55:01 PM »

• Joe Mazzulla
There is a lot of talk about getting Horford to pair with Durant.  But Durant is staying in OKC in all likelihood so without Durant, why would Horford want to come to Boston?

OK, so he would be an upgrade over Sullinger, at least until he suffer another major injury, but that is not saying much.  I am not sure Horford makes sense for us.

Well ya if you if you minimize his talent and focus on his downside hes a terrible fit for us.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Yep. With or without Durant, it'll be a huge blow to not get Horford now. In everything from playing style to character he is a perfect fit.

I also think our KD pitch is much more enticing if we already have Horford on board.

Why would we want Horford without KD, though. We could win a title with Horford? I don't see it.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Why would we want Horford without KD, though. We could win a title with Horford? I don't see it.

Not alone, no, but having a second multiple-time All-Star only makes us more attractive in both free agency and trades.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Chamionships teams aren't always assembled over one off-season. That would be nice, but sometimes you have to take the improvements one at a time. Horford definitely makes the Celtics better and shows future free agents the direction the team is moving.