Author Topic: O. J. Mayo dismissed and disqualified from the NBA  (Read 3019 times)

Re: O. J. Mayo dismissed and disqualified from the NBA
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
So long MayoNAISE

Wow, your compassion is overwhelming 

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 01:41:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So long MayoNAISE

You know I had to go through my whole life abiding to laws and not doing dope to keep my job and I probably made less in my whole career than OJ did in one season. I fee bad for players like DeLonte West who has mental issues but a guy like Mayo getting into drugs I just don't have any compassion for.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
So long MayoNAISE

You know I had to go through my whole life abiding to laws and not doing dope to keep my job and I probably made less in my whole career than OJ did in one season. I fee bad for players like DeLonte West who has mental issues but a guy like Mayo getting into drugs I just don't have any compassion for.

I don't know how I feel about that, though I want to agree, but I've been seeing a lot about Johnny Manzel on the news recently, and how he is now suspended for 4 games next season.

A lot of people are saying this kid is also having mental issues. Do you believe it?

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So long MayoNAISE

I don't know how I feel about that, though I want to agree, but I've been seeing a lot about Johnny Manzel on the news recently, and how he is now suspended for 4 games next season.

A lot of people are saying this kid is also having mental issues. Do you believe it?

I don't know about Manziel. I haven't heard that but Delonte's mental illness issues were documented a long time ago and we just recently saw the news item about panhandling and being barefoot - it is just sad because I have seen it in real life and it is very very sad. I kind of doubt the Johnny Manziel having an illness other than being an addict to drugs, alcohol and partying. If there is any evidence that he does have a mental illness then I will take it all back but I think it's just a ploy to get out of trouble.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
So long MayoNAISE

Well I guess you're special, and have never had anyone in your life who has been addicted to drugs. As someone who has lost a close one to drug addition, I guess I tend to have a bit of understanding and compassion to those who become involved with drugs.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So long MayoNAISE

Well I guess you're special, and have never had anyone in your life who has been addicted to drugs. As someone who has lost a close one to drug addition, I guess I tend to have a bit of understanding and compassion to those who become involved with drugs.

I am really not trying to bash people who are addicted to drugs. I wish they could get help. My point is I guess that mental illness is not a choice but using drugs is. Maybe after time it's no longer a choice but at some point it was a "choice". I am sorry for your loss.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Guess we can finally put to bed the "Ray Allen for OJ Mayo" trade ideas.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 02:20:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My bet is at he was at least drinking codeine. Well known side effect is weight gain, which would explain why he randomly got fat a few years ago.

Could also explain how he screwed up his ankles falling down his stairs.  The sizzurp makes things slizzeppery.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Guess we can finally put to bed the "Ray Allen for OJ Mayo" trade ideas.

Danny had the Grizzlies on hold this whole time.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
If I were master of the universe, my punishment would have been for Tony Allen to beat the crap out of him again, and to donate 95% of his salary to me.