Author Topic: Get Howard, Durant, or Horford....or wait until 17'  (Read 2019 times)

Re: Get Howard, Durant, or Horford....or wait until 17'
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Not leaving or will go somewhere else = Steph, LeBron, Westbrook, CP3, Lowry
Role players = Redick, Taj, Hill, J.Holiday (injuries)
Too old = Iggy, Bogut
Injury prone = Gallo, [Jrue], D-Rose
Not interested = Gay

Remaining options = B.Griffin, Ibaka, Millsap (old), Hayward, Monroe

Not that much depth to 2017 either.

Isn't Griffin the missing crown jewel here?

Sorry, yes he is missing. I thought there was someone missing. Checked the list a 2nd time against the OP's list and missed Griffin both times.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Don't want loul Deng?! It can out brown on the pine like turner took the ball out of smart's hands. Danny has enabled Steven's bs way too long.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 02:20:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Seems to me like most major free agents are in a holding partern until they can talk to durant and even know what he is going to do.  It's really his choice what we can and can't do.  If he comes here obviously you do that.  But otherwise I could see Howard and Horford making their decisions based on that as well.  We might still be able to land someone like Howard.   Horford may pair up with Durant in OKC for all we know right now.

It's not really our decision to make in other words.  It's really Durant.  We can recruit him and do all that but that's what free agency is.  It's more the players choice than ours though.  It's not the fans or teams decision.

We obviously sign Durant now if we can. I don't even think that's in question.  There is no reason to wait if he's the guy we want and he would sign here.

He wants to get paid and stay in okc for another year supposedly. Maybe longer.  Trying to entice him otherwise is the kicker.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:31:24 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 02:31:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Don't want loul Deng?! It can out brown on the pine like turner took the ball out of smart's hands. Danny has enabled Steven's bs way too long.

I think I've got it figured out.  You're a Butler fan who wants Stevens back!

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I think out of all those free agents Durant is the guy we want as well.  Waiting means nothing except Durant is just trying to make the most money he can and spend one more year in OKC.  Patience means nothing except for Durant here.  It doesn't mean anything for us.

Curry isnt leaving GS. Most of those guys aren't leaving their respective teams.   If anything it just gives Durant more an opportunity to mull over his options where he might sign elsewhere. 

You sign Durant now period if you can.  You don't pass that up.  You sign him yesterday if you can.