Author Topic: Al Jefferson agrees to 3-year, $30M deal with the Indiana Pacers  (Read 2694 times)

Re: Al Jefferson near deal with the Indiana Pacers
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
So they will run out Treague, Ellis, George, Jefferson and turner. Second best team in the east?
+ Thad Young.

They are doing an awesome job of adding little incremental upgrades to that team.  If Paul George makes a real leap into superstardom, that team can be a real contender.

Honestly, though, this seems like Toronto Raptors 2.0. Yeah, they're making upgrades that will make them win more games in the conference, but nobody really sees them as anything close to a title contender.

What are "we" doing to be a title contender?

I love Danny, but I agree. Why have we not heard anything about us? Is Danny really that fixated on KD and horford that he's not even considering any other options, and decides to go back to Hump just because he knows him?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Al Jefferson near deal with the Indiana Pacers
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
So they will run out Treague, Ellis, George, Jefferson and turner. Second best team in the east?
+ Thad Young.

They are doing an awesome job of adding little incremental upgrades to that team.  If Paul George makes a real leap into superstardom, that team can be a real contender.

Honestly, though, this seems like Toronto Raptors 2.0. Yeah, they're making upgrades that will make them win more games in the conference, but nobody really sees them as anything close to a title contender.

What are "we" doing to be a title contender?

I love Danny, but I agree. Why have we not heard anything about us? Is Danny really that fixated on KD and horford that he's not even considering any other options, and decides to go back to Hump just because he knows him?

I haven't seen a signing yet that would have moved us one step closer to a championship.  Ainge would probably prefer to take a step back next season and keep his options open.

Mike

Re: Al Jefferson agrees to 3-year, $30M deal with the Indiana Pacers
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Man , Bird is killing it this offseason! Teague, Thad Young, and Big Al so far for basically cap room. I hope the Pacers can give the Cavs a tough battle next season.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 01:52:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Isn't Jefferson another drug offense away from a major suspension?  The man likes his weed.

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Are they really still busting guys for weed?? Wow. So much better than guys being drunk. So messed up . Lol.

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 01:54:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Are they really still busting guys for weed?? Wow. So much better than guys being drunk. So messed up . Lol.

As far as I know, Weed is not considered a Drug of Abuse.

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:11 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'll feel so much better if we do absolutely nothing if we can't get KD. I have zero interest in being mediocre. I predicted the putrid signing of David Lee to please messiah Brad Stevens. Worked out pretty much how I thought. I thought bazemore but, ya, Deng mKes even worse sense but Stevens will get a couple more meaningless wins and put developing guys on the pine. Predictable.

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

As far as I know, Weed is not considered a Drug of Abuse.

Yeah, next offense will be a 10-game suspension, and then 15 games, and then 20, but if he's not stupid he's not a risk to get Mayo'd.

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I'm wrong...he got 5 games in 2015.  Next offense is 10, next one after that is 25 and then strike 4 is 2 years.  Al's still got some rope.

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'll feel so much better if we do absolutely nothing if we can't get KD. I have zero interest in being mediocre. I predicted the putrid signing of David Lee to please messiah Brad Stevens. Worked out pretty much how I thought. I thought bazemore but, ya, Deng mKes even worse sense but Stevens will get a couple more meaningless wins and put developing guys on the pine. Predictable.

So what you are saying is you think by doing nothing we are better than mediocre? Especially if we lose Turner - are we better than mediocre? Were we better than mediocre last year?