1 (2.2%)
Big Men with rim protector and rebounding skills
24 (53.3%)
3pt shooters at any position
11 (24.4%)
Go to scorer at any position
9 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: What do we need?  (Read 1438 times)

Re: What do we need?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
No 1 is a big to plug up the middle. A Howard or a Horford. Whitesides is gone--back to Miami for the max.

Howard and Horford are going to get max money. They should max Horford right away, which will probably keep him from OKC. Signing either of these two guys will attract other FAs.

After they get their big, they need a shooter. Anderson would fit in the likely event they don't get Durant.

I believe they must have a big to have any chance of getting Durant.

After these two get signed, someone will throw stupid money at Noah and Pao IMO.

Then Mahinmi and Mosgov. Really reaching then.

I hope we aren't in that boat. It could also force us to keep Sully and/or Zeller.

Yuck
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Jared Dudley and Ian Mahimi seems to cut the bill as placeholders that address our needs. I won't pay them more than 15 million though and team options are essential too.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
Jared Dudley and Ian Mahimi seems to cut the bill as placeholders that address our needs. I won't pay them more than 15 million though and team options are essential too.
I think right now, Jerebko is the better player and more versatile than Dudley.

Still like Dudley and would sign him if cheap.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 02:19:43 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

if he costs less than Jerebko? I'll take Dudley, I think it will come down to the better shooter for me..

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

if he costs less than Jerebko? I'll take Dudley, I think it will come down to the better shooter for me..
Over the course of their careers Dudleys been a better shooter, but Jonas is a better defender and rebounder. Hes also the younger player (by a year) and over the last 3 years has shot a marginally higher percentage (although Dudley's taken 2x as many threes).

Also I doubt you could get Dudley for 5 mil.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:48 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
No 1 is a big to plug up the middle. A Howard or a Horford. Whitesides is gone--back to Miami for the max.

Howard and Horford are going to get max money. They should max Horford right away, which will probably keep him from OKC. Signing either of these two guys will attract other FAs.

After they get their big, they need a shooter. Anderson would fit in the likely event they don't get Durant.

After these two get signed, someone will throw stupid money at Noah and Pao IMO.

I hope we aren't in that boat. It could also force us to keep Sully and/or Zeller.

Yuck

I guess you haven't been paying attention to sports media. Someone already threw stupid money at Mozgov.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen

Yuck

I guess you haven't been paying attention to sports media. Someone already threw stupid money at Mozgov.

Yeah I did but on another thread.  :)

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 03:23:56 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Over the course of their careers Dudleys been a better shooter, but Jonas is a better defender and rebounder. Hes also the younger player (by a year) and over the last 3 years has shot a marginally higher percentage (although Dudley's taken 2x as many threes).

Also I doubt you could get Dudley for 5 mil.

I think Dudley can go well in our bench paired up with Jaylen and Smart. The latter two can rebound and bang a bit...

And of course, I'd be surprised if any Free Agent signs for that much this year lol