Author Topic: Nicolas Batum agrees to 5-year, $120M deal with Charlotte Hornets  (Read 1031 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
Free agent Nicolas Batum has reached agreement with Charlotte on a five-year, $120 million deal, league sources tell The Vertical.

Re: Nicolas Batum agrees to 5-year, $120M deal with Charlotte Hornets
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:28:53 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Utterly rediculous. 

Batum is a role player on steroids - he's worth $15m at the most, even in this salary climate. 

Silly season has well and truly begun.  To all those who were saying we can maybe re-sign Sully for less then $10M - please step forward and witness.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 04:30:13 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Utterly rediculous. 

Batum is a role player on steroids - he's worth $15m at the most, even in this salary climate. 

Silly season has well and truly begun.  To all those who were saying we can maybe re-sign Sully for less then $10M - please step forward and witness.

LOL I can't wait to see how much Sully and Turner will get. I bet Zeller won't be too cheap either.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 04:36:13 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Utterly rediculous. 

LOL I can't wait to see how much Sully and Turner will get. I bet Zeller won't be too cheap either.

Based on current deals happening I expect Turner to get an offer in the $10m - $14m a year range (around what Clarkson got), with Sully pulling in something in the $15m - $17m range (about ballpark with Mozgov).

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:37 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Utterly rediculous. 

Based on current deals happening I expect Turner to get an offer in the $10m - $14m a year range (around what Clarkson got), with Sully pulling in something in the $15m - $17m range (about ballpark with Mozgov).

I've long said $15m is good value for Sully. Perhaps not with us anymore but certainly with someone. I'd still take him and the $10m in cap space over Horford...

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:45:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
That is a lot of money. I'd feel better about it if they kept it to 4 years instead of 5.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 06:48:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
In five years he will be a shell of his self ,  IF he is still able to play basketball