Author Topic: Confirmed FA signings thread  (Read 95658 times)

Re: Confirmed FA signings thread
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 04:43:28 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
how much MUST we spend in order to satisfy the regulations or whatnot?
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 05:32:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
DA is the dumbest gm in history, why would you pay AB 8/9m per year when he's only worth 6? Dumb...

;D

This is why he's a GM, he can see much further than most of us. There's always loads of overreaction to stuff on here but look a little deeper and it starts to make a lot of sense

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 05:37:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
With some of the deals going down already I stand by my position that if we strike out on Durant we should get some Amir style contracts and look to FA in 2018. Keep developing the talent on the roster, fill the void at the 4/5 and aim for Cousinsand George in 2018.

Teams are capping out there future right now. These contracts are gonna hurt when the cap explosion stops

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 06:23:37 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
There is no amount you must spend on player contracts.  You do however have to meet the salary floor.  If you do not meet the salary floor you must give the difference to the existing players on your team.  I believe the players union determines how the difference is allocated to the players.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 06:41:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 giving these huge long term deals -what happens with serious injuries that diminish a players abilities-will this kind of money make players more complacent or keep them fromplaying injured and taking time recovering-
these sums are huge
whats to drive these guys
-when team loyalty is sabotaged and its all buisness and marketing and defences just don't play as hard and you have a bunch of guys patting each other on the back-
taking turns letting each other make highlite dunks-DUNKING FOR DOLLARS
 making golf dates to compete
its starting to sound like zibabwe dollars-

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 06:45:46 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
There is no amount you must spend on player contracts.  You do however have to meet the salary floor.  If you do not meet the salary floor you must give the difference to the existing players on your team.  I believe the players union determines how the difference is allocated to the players.

Ah sorry that's what I meant xD thank you :) oh but wait a moment, I thought that max contract has a limit etc (28m for example?) aha, so let's say we have 20million remaining, we have to share that amount amongst the players? Does that mean we then do not have free cap salary space anymore? (Sorry I'm pure rubbish when it comes to anything involving numbers etc and generally to understand this concept xD don't have this in Europe xD ) could you be ever so kind enough as to use our current situation as an example? :) thank you!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, and frankly a number of our players deserve the extra money since they were already signed at below market salaries. I would not be unhappy if we had $20m or so left after our roster was set and IT/AB/Crowder got to put a few extra million in their pockets...talk about good faith.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 07:01:16 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

Yeah, and frankly a number of our players deserve the extra money since they were already signed at below market salaries. I would not be unhappy if we had $20m or so left after our roster was set and IT/AB/Crowder got to put a few extra million in their pockets...talk about good faith.
I don't believe it has any effect on your next years cap space.  The players contracts are not affected as I understand it.  Best I can do because I am definitely not a salary cap expert.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645241-jordan-clarkson-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-lakers-pg

Clarkson staying with Lakers 4 year/$50M. That's actually a decent contract for him. I thought he'd get more than that.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
LIN to NETS..

pick is getting better!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:52 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
LIN to NETS..

Lin will actually help them. He's one of those Jarret Jack-types that will thrive if he gets to be a high usage guy. He'll give them consistent scoring.

Now he's not going to make them a playoff contender or anything by any means, but he will help them. Hopefully they blow a lot of their space on him.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 10:08:54 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
LIN to NETS..

Lin will actually help them. He's one of those Jarret Jack-types that will thrive if he gets to be a high usage guy. He'll give them consistent scoring.

Now he's not going to make them a playoff contender or anything by any means, but he will help them. Hopefully they blow a lot of their space on him.

that is a head scratcher for me, he left a playoff team to go to a team that missed playoffs by a wide margin. I wonder how much they are paying him

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
LIN to NETS..

that is a head scratcher for me, he left a playoff team to go to a team that missed playoffs by a wide margin. I wonder how much they are paying him

You'd think it's got to be a lot, but Charlotte did just max out Batum so they might not have much left.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
LIN to NETS..

Hes a fine player dont get me wrong... But the move just digs them in a further hole... They will use a bunch of their cap on a guy who cant make a difference... The Nets are in a spot where they can not atrack big names... Basically they lost Young and gained Lin and will have enough money for one more contract... big fail