Author Topic: When Durant re-signs with OKC...  (Read 1474 times)

When Durant re-signs with OKC...
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:36:35 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
...and we strike out with Horford as well (since he'd only come if we got Durant), do we over pay Dwight Howard?! He's going to want a 1+1 at his option at 24 million per. There's a reason there aren't a ton of teams wanting to talk to him. He's definitely on the downhill slide and is a poor teammate. I do think he makes us slightly better than we are now, but not enough to pay that cash and risk him ruining the good team vibe we have. Instead, pay Jerebko and Johnson solid money for a 1+1 with the team having say at year 2. Sign Zeller as well on similar deal. Let Sully walk. Try and pick up a couple lower tier free agents in positions of need to fill out bench and see how they come together. I'm all in with whatever it takes to get Durant if he'd come, but it's not going to happen. So let's keep flexible and keep looking for the better option.

Re: When Durant re-signs with OKC...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:41:49 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
When? Do you have a link for that?

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 12:53:05 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57:28 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Well other than the fact that no free agent of his stature in his prime has ever signed with Boston, and that the news after his meeting with OKC tonight from his camp is that it made him even more likely to re-sign with them, it doesn't help that their camp is leaking that the Warriors are the leading candidates he'd go to if he left... Other than that there's a slight chance.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 01:10:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Well other than the fact that no free agent of his stature in his prime has ever signed with Boston, and that the news after his meeting with OKC tonight from his camp is that it made him even more likely to re-sign with them, it doesn't help that their camp is leaking that the Warriors are the leading candidates he'd go to if he left... Other than that there's a slight chance.

I'll believe it when I see it. Miami wasn't even considered as Lebron's top destination by the media back then. But yes, staying on OKC would be very likely.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 01:15:44 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I'll believe it when I see it. Miami wasn't even considered as Lebron's top destination by the media back then. But yes, staying on OKC would be very likely.
Yes, but Wade and LeBron were tight and Bosch had agreed to go down there. Plus it's Miami and not Boston. South beach...Boston... Hmmmm.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 01:24:51 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
ESPN said is about 90% he returns to OKC.   

I'd take Howard at 24 Million.   Try and push the team option on second or non-guaranteed....

B Beal is getting 5/105 or 5/128 Million.   
Diggles

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 01:27:35 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Yes, but Wade and LeBron were tight and Bosch had agreed to go down there. Plus it's Miami and not Boston. South beach...Boston... Hmmmm.

If we use the "superfriends" line, then Isaiah could pitch both Horford and Durant.