Author Topic: Woj- Horford has meeting set with the Celtics  (Read 8119 times)

Woj- Horford has meeting set with the Celtics
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:42:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I know it was rumored, but he just confirmed. He also has meeting set with the Rockets.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:58:27 PM by Eddie20 »

Re: Woj- Horford has meeting set with the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 11:46:15 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Cool that he told IT that he thought Boston was interesting to him.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:51:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Any indication as to when? I'm guessing Danny will be on the phone with him shortly. He should just try and have his meeting the same time as Durant's meeting.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Is anyone watching the show? I'd like to watch it but I don't know if I'll be able to watch for long portions. It'd be great if someone could just give us small tidbits of info that they say about us, for those who can't watch
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Looks like the meeting is tomorrow sometime. Have the Thunder got a meeting with him yet?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:55:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Any indication as to when? I'm guessing Danny will be on the phone with him shortly. He should just try and have his meeting the same time as Durant's meeting.

Shouldn't wait.  Get Horford into the fold before KD, and then have Horford as part of the sales pitch himself.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Shouldn't wait.  Get Horford into the fold before KD, and then have Horford as part of the sales pitch himself.

So apparently it looks like it's only us and Atlanta right now with meetings with him. That's excellent, and I think we have an excellent shot at signing him BEFORE the Thunder try and clear space for him.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:16 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ofc, if signing Horford works but Durant fails we still got Dwight Howard as a backup...bolster that front court!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
I like Horford , but is he really someone to get excited about? Why would anyone want to come to the Celts just because Horford is on the team.

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

So apparently it looks like it's only us and Atlanta right now with meetings with him. That's excellent, and I think we have an excellent shot at signing him BEFORE the Thunder try and clear space for him.

I meant to say us and the Rockets. I edited the original post.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 12:01:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I like Horford , but is he really someone to get excited about? Why would anyone want to come to the Celts just because Horford is on the team.

Here's a primer on Al Horford from a year ago.  Since this good look at him, he's added a reliable 3-point shot.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/al-horford-atlanta-hawks-superstar/

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:46 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Hmm, I'm only seeing Atlanta and Boston as of set meetings right now.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 12:04:07 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Hope Tommy won't be at this meeting.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Yeah, he said Boston and Houston.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 12:07:22 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah, he said Boston and Houston.

How much space do they have? They're meeting with Bazemore tonight, too. He's expected between 14 and 17, according to Mannix. They have enough for both Horford and Bazemore?