Author Topic: Appears Durant Is Likely Returning to OKC, but Imagine Adding Howard...  (Read 1918 times)

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
That team is not winning a title but the conference finals would be a definite possibility.

That team would be, however, just two good moves or one great one away from being a title contender.  We could easily have a dominating half court defense with Howard.  Add someone like Heyward or Gallinari to that and have any of our young talent take a big step forward and they sky's the limit.

Mike

Yeah, I think I may be getting ahead of myself saying we can compete for the championship this year. We would definitely be a better team and if all the balls fell in the right order, we could win the championship (we would need key injuries to occur to Cleveland and the Western Conference Champion, though). But imagine what we could do by adding Hayward and a top lottery pick next year, particularly if we landed Harry Giles. Follow that up with potentially another lottery pick in 2018, and who knows how loaded this team could be in 2019. The key would be seeing Howard maintain his health through his mid-30s. Karl Malone did it, so why not Dwight?

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If we fail to land KD, getting Dwight would still be a huge acquisition. I can see our team challenging Cleveland, particularly if our young guys improve and/or we have one more solid acquisition who helps on offense (can't think of anyone right now).

- LilRip

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I'm in the pro howard camp

I feel like he would appreciate our perimeter defense *cough* harden *cough*

We would be such a classic eastern conference defensive beast of a team
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Where's the report that Durant is likely heading back to OKC? This is like a click bait title...

ESPN Twitter Feed:

.@MarcJSpearsESPN reporting Kevin Durant's free agency decision is already "90 percent made" es.pn/29bBmJ2 pic.twitter.com/X9H25wDN9N

One of Kevin Durant's longtime friends said, "His decision is 90 percent made" to return to OKC for another year. es.pn/296PzUX

Let's actually see how our meeting goes before deeming him set to go back to OKC...

They scheduled another meeting for after the other meetings, so obviously he hasn't made any decision yet..

Said this in the other thread:

FYI, I'm 90% certain that the claims Durant' is "90% decided" is 90% bullcrap.

Also, obviously OKC is in good position to sign him.  Obviously they are in good position after meeting with him.  But him leaving is a legit possibility.  There's too much at play here.  I don't think Durant knows what he's going to do yet.  He's about to speak to some teams that actually know what they are doing.  He's about to speak to some coaches that understand this game deeply.  He's about to speak to some owners that don't drink baby blood (Clay Bennett has no soul).  He's going to have a tough decision to make.  I think it's fair to assume he'll stick with OKC, but after he meets with these basketball minds and hears their vision - all bets are off.  I firmly believe he'll have more success if he leaves OKC for basically any of those teams.  His supporting cast in OKC is greatly overrated.