Author Topic: Bulpett: if C's miss out on Horford/Durant, expect Mozgov and Mihimi as targets  (Read 8856 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Doesn't Indy need Mahinmi? I think he was their starting Center

They will have Myles Turner ready to take over this season I think, and Mahinmi will cost them more than they want to pay for a backup.

Oh. I thought Myles started at the 4.

He did last year, but the acquisition of Thaddeus Young naturally pushes Turner to the 5, unless of course they'd prefer to bring him off the bench, which wouldn't make much sense at this point.

True, forgot about Thad (and Teague). They definitely got better, may be a force in the East.

I wonder who'll they have at back-up C then -- Jordan Hill in an UFA.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Take into account Amir played last year with plantar fasciitis .   I'd rather him over Mozgov every day of the week, last year and this year healthy. 

One thing we all need to realize we have a good playoff team, if there are no fireworks, but we make solid drafts, good free agent signings and continue to develop current team we will only get better.  I'd hate to gut team for a Howard etc like player.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Mahinmi is a ver good player. He's no all-star by any stretch, but he is a legit, solid , starting NBA center. We haven't had one of those since Shaq/Perk. Mahinmi is a beast, he is in great shape, he is active and has good hands for a guy his size. A very good defender and rebounder, and a decent offensive player in the paint.

Mozgov is totally wasted on the Cavs. In a system that appreciates his talents, he can be a force in the middle. We should sign Mozgov regardless of the Horford/Durant deals if possible.

Ainge said a while back that there were many talented players wasting away at the end of NBA benches, and he was hoping to get some of them. I guess he considers Mozgov one of those players.

Does that include our own? ;)

Actually yes! He specifically mentioned Mickey and Rozier as examples on our own bench.

I thought Ainge was only referring to them when saying that other teams had contacted him about Mickey and Rozier, per his usual crap stance of 'everyone is interested in our players, etc." ::) Come on, Danny, shake those assets (sarcasm).  Daddy needs a new frontcourt (sarcasm), lol ;D.

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Mozgov? Barf. Mihimi? I would rather Zzz with Zeller and Zizic.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
So Howard is out. Now this is like plan E. Take the scrub who got bounced from Clevelands rotation. Cue the fireworks!

The tweets are saying the Celtics are the favorites to sign Howard.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Well guys, we haven't much choice, have we? Nobody wants to come here bc we aren't that good and the City of Boston isn't a destination.

Nice.  Apparently you've missed that we're one of DH's two most likely destinations and one of Durant's finalists.  Time to put that old worn line to bed.

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Cross Mozgov off the list.  He's going to the Lakers.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Timofey Mozgov have agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract in the early hours of free agency, according to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski. Mozgov is coming off a tough individual season where he struggled because of knee issues and lost his place in the Cleveland Cavaliers rotation, but he is also an NBA champion. Is he "worth" $64 million? In this market, uh, who knows?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-lakers-timofey-mozgov-agree-to-4-year-65-million-deal/

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Take into account Amir played last year with plantar fasciitis .   I'd rather him over Mozgov every day of the week, last year and this year healthy. 

One thing we all need to realize we have a good playoff team, if there are no fireworks, but we make solid drafts, good free agent signings and continue to develop current team we will only get better.  I'd hate to gut team for a Howard etc like player.

You mean for a star who could potentially make us a contender overnight?

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So Howard is out. Now this is like plan E. Take the scrub who got bounced from Clevelands rotation. Cue the fireworks!

The tweets are saying the Celtics are the favorites to sign Howard.
Where are you guys reading this that were the favorite?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Cross Mozgov off the list.  He's going to the Lakers.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Timofey Mozgov have agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract in the early hours of free agency, according to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski. Mozgov is coming off a tough individual season where he struggled because of knee issues and lost his place in the Cleveland Cavaliers rotation, but he is also an NBA champion. Is he "worth" $64 million? In this market, uh, who knows?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-lakers-timofey-mozgov-agree-to-4-year-65-million-deal/

If this was what is was gonna cost I would have been so mad. Would much rather target Howard or Horford.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

A contender for what?

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

A contender for what?

Hah. Well, best defense in the league seems fair?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
This is not and wasn't an inside info or even a rumour to start with.
What's wrong with Bulpett suddenly?
Mozgov has sign immediately with the Lakers and Mahimi wants to return to Pacers.
Very tired of all these nonsense. Not only they are guessing, but it is not even coherent.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

A contender for what?

Hah. Well, best defense in the league seems fair?

Better be, especially with our 'offense', lol ;D.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

DHoward is not the star you are looking for.  (Said in Obi Wan voice)